We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRC entertainment

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
SRC entertainment

Hi! We decided and booked SRC! Can someone please tell me when the theme nights are? The website just lists them but does not give the days. And is food served on the theme nights or do you eat dinner on your own first and then the entertainment? And am I right in that they do not have shows at this Sandals? We are only there for 4 nights so I want to schedule accordingly.

Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRC entertainment

We were there the first week of January...

Monday - White Night....buffet dinner around main pool and Steel drum band

Tuesday - Return guest dinner - don't miss Rory Frankson after dinner!!

Wednesday - chocolate buffet 8:30pm....not a dinner buffet...eat dinner before

Thursday...no theme for dinner-entertainment on terrace after dinner

Friday- beach party-dinner buffet which was very good and fun entertainment.

Saturday - reggae fest after dinner...eat dinner before...

Sunday - no theme for dinner - entertainment on the terrace after dinner

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRC entertainment

There are shows at SRC. I don't know a schedule, but they do have them.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRC entertainment

Only 4 days! my gosh you have a lot of fun to pack in! hehe

Ok so one tip I will give you is to not limit yourself to the dinner and entertainment only at SRC. We stayed at SRC for our honeymoon in dec 2011 and took advantage of the play at three exchange program and got so much bang for our buck! I suggest as soon as you arrive ask for a copy of the daily breeze so you can see what is going on at the neighboring resorts as well as SRC that way you can be sure to get the most out of your 4 days!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SRC entertainment

As to shows at SRC, on virtually every evening there is some form of entertainment on the Almond Terrace stage. Whether one considers any one event a 'show' is up to your interpretation of what a show is, I guess? For example, one night, there may be only a featured vocalist. Another night, it might be the Jamaican cultural group (I can't remember their name for the life of me...maybe someone else can fill in?) that puts on a fairly elaborate dance and musical review. More of what I'd consider a show. For most of these events there is also guest dancing and sometimes participation, depending on the event, encouraged. The only time the entertainment might be somewhat limited on the Almond Terrace would be say on Beach Party night where there the 'show' is often on the beach itself, not on the Almond Terrace.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SRC entertainment

Thank you all so much!! So helpful and exactly the info I was looking for!!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SRC entertainment

It came to me wrt to my post #4...it's the Hatfield Folk and Cultural Group.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SRC entertainment

LOL! Thanks!

8. Re: SRC entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:16