We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

Cincinnati
12 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

We're thinking of trying Sandals Royal Carribean in December. We're getting married at Couples Swept Away in Negril and we wanted to check out an all inclusive in Mo Bay while in Jamaica. We're not the kind of couple to lay out on the beach...we want to be active and near some good night life. Is Sandals Royal Carribean for us? We'll be 27 and 32.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

I would not recommend RC, we stayed at Sandals mobay and went to the resturant at RC. It seemed like everyone was real stuffy and no one seemed to be having ANY fun.....

Detroit
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

We stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean in December as well. We did have fun, but a much more laid back kind of fun than Montego Bay or Negril. If I wanted to party a lot, I probably wouldn't stay at RC. Montego Bay seemed to have more young people and more party-ing types. I spenta day at Sandals Negril as well and liked it - have you considered that, especially since your wedding is in Negril? Or are you trying to get out of Negril? From what I have heard and seen, Negril is a great place to party. Either way, have fun!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

Sandals RC is definitily more of a laid back type hotel than a party type hotel

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

We stayed at SMB last June for a week. Our travel agent recommended SRC but we chose SMB instead. Thank God we did! We visited SRC and it is SOOOO boring. We are in our mid-30s and not in the partying crowd but do enjoy the beach, pool tables, shows, and games. The beach there is VERY small and the entire complex seemed small and boring. What little there was to do was occupied by other people. We finished dinner and had 1 1/2 hr wait for the shuttle and could not wait to get back. The island is well-overrated. The restaurant on the island was nice but the rest of the island was trashed. Trash was lying around that had been there awhile. The island was not well-maintained. The jet skis were OLD.

Sandals Montego Bay guests were all ages. Never boring, plenty of stuff to do and never a line. You could enjoy yourself regardless of what you chose to do. The planes are always mentioned and, yes, the first day the sound was loud but after that you don't even notice them anymore. We want to go back soon and the ONLY reason we would not go back to SMB is because we want to cherish the memories we have now.

5. Re: Sandals Royal Carribean...Young People?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 13:19