We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2017, 00:00
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

Oh Boy, I was thinking about booking our first Jamaica all chicks trip at this hotel. *sigh*

Simcoe, Ontario
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

Vaca this happens at high seasons , and alot depends at whom who book with . What date in march are you going? And who did you book with. The resort is definalty worth the risk its a great resort im leaving to go there tommrow for my 7th time it becomes like a second home to you so it is worth the risk and the chances of being bumped hopefully will not happen to you it helps to email the resort about two weeks before arriving stating that you do not want to be bumped or move to any other resort. This place is a gem and you will love it.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

@blondy, we've been there several times as well, I'll be interested in your thoughts after this trip. We are planning a return trip as well this year. I was very surprised after reading the review “After 15 times I don't think I will go back”. Please post your comments on your return. Thanks!

Edited: 10 February 2013, 15:50
Simcoe, Ontario
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

I will gladly post my thoughts when i get back , regarding what has changed , new management etc.. I hope it will be all good as I love this resort and want to keep going there but if too much has changed , and its too stressful i will find a new home.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

I have been there several times and have been asked, but not forced. If it was a bump for one night then hey why not try the sister property, but for the entire week I would say NO! Now I have seen in the past ( different managment) people refuseing and then they offfer a better property like RIU now I would take that bump.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

This is nothing new with this resort. It goes on most years. Usually during peak travel season. Most people have no problems. Usually other than Jan-Mar this isn't much of an issue at all. And since you are on TA and know this practice goes on, you are ahead of the game. There are things you can do to help you avoid this from happening.

We are booked to go back later in the year so we're interested in hearing updates as well blondy.

Too Far North
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

I have stayed at RDMB three times and one of those times I was bumped to Holiday Inn, was not happy at all as it was a shock that they do this and getting there was not the problem, it was quick.

However, the room at HI was crappy and had no view of the ocean like at RDMB.

Once we got over the shock, it was fun seeing this hotel and beaches etc and we enjoyed it.

The next day the transport they sent for the ride back to the hotel was too small for all of us so we had to wait a long time for it to return, we finally booked a cab for ourselves and got there, checked in and had a wonderful time.

8. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

9. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron-Montego Bay

Booking with Apple helps to cut the odds of getting bumped way down.