We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in Montego Bay Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
safety in Montego Bay Jamaica

How safe is Montego Bay area of Jamaica? All posts I see are old

Any new information? Going with a group totalling 8 adults.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety in Montego Bay Jamaica

It's safe for the average traveler. Just use the same common sense you would in any other city you'd visit. If you stick to the main tourist areas, day and night, you'll be fine.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety in Montego Bay Jamaica

When being dropped off at the airport by our bus driver this January, I asked the same question. We had stayed in Negril. He said he'd have no qualms at all about dropping us off in Montego Bay at midnight. He said people are very friendly and if anything, they'd get annoying because they'd always want to talk to you and get to know you, lol. The bus driver that took us to our resort said the same thing about Negril as well. It's definitely more than I can say for the city that I live in!

Edited: 25 February 2013, 23:26
3. Re: safety in Montego Bay Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:16