We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tame catamaran tours good for kids

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Tame catamaran tours good for kids

I would like to take a catamaran tour around Mobay that would be suitable for children. Not looking for a booze cruise at all, rather a relaxing time on the water to see the sights and maybe dock somewhere to swim/snorkel.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

.Me too....I just posted something similar...when are you going??? Lets charter a boat...lol

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

We will be there midMay staying in Mobay.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

Were going atte end of june....let me know of you find something!

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

You may want to think about a moonlight,early evening cruise.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

I think any of the catamaran cruises would be fun, even with kids. They aren't all out drunken cruises. They take you out, let you snorkel for awhile, take you to Margaritaville (where the kids can do the slide) and then sail back. On the return trip they usually have an open bar serving rum punch and beer as well as soft drinks. I don't think it would be that bad taking your kids on one, even if it is considered a "booze cruise".

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
866 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

I've been looking for the same thing (going in 2 weeks). The Island Routes catamaran cruises have different days/times for "adult cruise" vs. "family cruise," so we were hoping those that want more of a party cruise would pick the adult cruise. We were going to get to the hotel and try to ask about it - I'll post if I get more info.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

I saw those also... let us know! I have dont catamarans a few times in JA... I think 4 times.. it's hit or miss for the kids. The last one I did with my husband was out of Negril, and I just always will remember the very very very drunk girl in the thong that was smoking pot and dirty dancing with all the crew members...lol! My son would actually love that....

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
397 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

The Island Dreamer is a great catamaran snorkeling tour. They do serve Rum punch and red stripe after the snorkeling but I've never seen anything out of line in the several times I've been on it. I am taking my 2 boys for the 1st time this year and that is the one tour we HAVE to do. It is a great tour!!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,005 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

You can also charter a glass bottom boat for just your family (or 2 families, or whatever) and go snorkel or go to Mville or whatever you want. We've done it from Doctors Cave beach, I'm sure it can be arranged in other places as well.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tame catamaran tours good for kids

Hello,

We were on a snokeling cruise in Punta Cana twice - once was a nice trip - the other trip not so good, big group of party drunks after the snorkel trip. I would not do another snokeling trip because of that....I think it all boils down to who the group of tourist you are with at the time.