We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

Rosholt, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

Just returned from a lovely stay at Holiday Inn Sunspree. We also did a short tour with Barrett Adventures (excellent service!). I'd be happy to elaborate on either.

Schofield...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

Which tours did you do with Barrett? We are thinking of using them in April. Thanks. Lisa from Wausau

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

We arrive at SunSpree in 26 days. Did you post a review? What/Who are Barrett Adventures Tour

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,005 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

It's been many years since I've seen Carolyn or Errol Barrett, but I always enjoyed my tours with both. Love to hear what you did.

CoolPaPA - www.barrettadventures.com - they specialize in off the beaten path tours that few, if any, other companies do. They took us snorkeling with manatees 12 years ago. And on a more conventional trip to falls and such as well. Carolyn is extremely knowledgeable and very interesting to talk to.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

Caroly of Barret Adventures took a friend and me on a private trip through Kingston to the Blue Mountains where we visited Old Tavern Coffee Estate and Strawberry Hill for dinner. The trip was fantastic! Carolyn is an interesting and patient tour guide. She operates out of Montego Bay and does her best to accomodate her guests so their tour is enjoyable.

Rosholt, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

We did the Rose Hall Adventure (basically you decide what you want to do). After reading many reviews, and since we were only going to be in MB for five days, we didn't want to spend all day on an organized tour. I contacted Carolyn by e-mail, she was very prompt in replying. We were lucky enough to have Carolyn as our guide. She is very knowledgeable and passionate about Jamaica. She took us to 'da bush' to see how coffee grows, we saw bamboo and banana trees, and we were treated to the most juicy oranges we've ever had! She took us through the 'real' Jamaica, through small villages. The highlight of our few hours with Carolyn was our visit to the Far Out Fish Hut (reviews can be found on TA). We picked out our fish at the back door (we had a choice of Parrot Fish or Snapper, fried or steamed). Hubby had fried snapper and I had steamed parrot fish. Both were equally delicious, but I can't forget the snapper -- awesome!!

There were six of us in our group, and it was so nice having the personal attention. We were not rushed at all. Had plenty of time to ask questions and take pictures.

Rosholt, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

We had a very enjoyable stay at Sunspree. We were able to eat at the Italian, Jamaican and Seafood restaurants, all were very good. The buffet was just fine for lunch and dinner, sometimes limited in selection but we were far from starving! The breakfast buffet is excellent and, as everyone comments, the made-from-scratch omelettes are wonderful! We really enjoyed the pub on the second floor above the main lobby. Our group met there each evening before dinner, quiet and relaxing after a busy day of enjoying the sun!! The jerk hut was our daily lunch, as was a burger or grilled cheese for an afternoon snack. Definitely something for everyone! We took our own mugs so we didn't have to deal with the smaller glasses they have. We snorkeled all along the resort and around the private island, lots of sea creatures and fish. Recommend water shoes so you won't get injured if you step on a rock or urchin. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were small but it doesn't matter as we aren't there to sit in our room! We had a first-floor room in building 1 ... loved it! Our view was of the ocean, the seafood restaurant and the gym (of which we made use of daily). We had others in our group in buildings 4 and 5, no complaints. We didn't have any issues getting sun chairs. We would rotate each day, be it the adult pool, island, main beach, etc. We played bingo each afternoon and made the little Jamaican dolls one day. We would definitely recommend Sunspree. If you dwell on the negatives, guaranteed you won't have a good vacation!

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

Thanks for all the good information and fab review of HISS. Can not wait to get there next month.

8. Re: Just Returned - Sunspree & Barrett Adventures Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:15