We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July trip

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
July trip

Is it worth visting Montego Bay in July? My husband and I plan to spend a week. We plan on spending time at beach and also seeing attractions. Our date of travel is 29th June ot 4th July.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July trip

Not sure what you mean by "is it worth visiting"? Are you considering staying in Montego Bay or staying elsewhere and want to visit Montego Bay for a day trip?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July trip

I meant we would want to stay for 7 days. But is the weather good enough to enjoy the place?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July trip

The weather in July is going to be warm/hot, humid and a chance of rain daily. It will technically be hurricane season, but they don't usually see them until a bit later in the year (if at all). That said, I wouldn't have a problem going in July. We've gone in August before and enjoyed it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July trip

I have been in July and enjoyed Montego Bay very much. The weather is very hot and humid and it rained about 3 our of the 7 days I was there for a short period of time later in the afternoon.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July trip

This will be our 10th year trip to go in July. For us it is a pleasant break from the hot Texas sun in July... Yes it can be a little more humid at times. Sometimes a brief shower in the afternoon, but in all the years we have been going in July we have only lost 3 entire days to rain and we spend a week to 10 nights each year, so call us lucky. Yes, the front end of the hurricane season but we've have been affected there either. If your from a cooler climate, it could be consider hot and humid, its all perspective.

6. Re: July trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:17