We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going For My Birthday In July

Cleveland
Level Contributor
4 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Going For My Birthday In July

Hello I am going for my "BIG" birthday in July.I just purchased tickets and I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel directly on the beach because I don't drive . It doesn't have to be fancy as I will be on the beach mostly relaxing. It doesn't have to have a restaurant as I would like to experience purchasing items on the beach as well. THis hotel or inn must be located in Montego Bay preferably on the beach. Thanks again

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
329 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going For My Birthday In July

Check out Dr.'s Cave Beach area also known as Hip Strip

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going For My Birthday In July

Purchasing food up and down the beach, staying at a small Inn type hotel, you are describing Negril. Most hotels in Mobay are on their own private smaller beach and lots are All inclusive. You could look into Toby's also in MoBay, but it is not ON a beach and neither is Doc Cave. Both these hotels are pretty dated too. Royal Decameron is a small AI hotel on a very small private beach, but nice. In Negril there is 7 miles of beach with hotels and places to eat and drink all walkable.......

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going For My Birthday In July

Agree with Marylynn. There are small places to stay in Montego Bay, but they won't be "on" the beach and you won't be buying things on the beach. What you described is in Negril. Lots of smaller places to stay and restaurants up and down the beach.

Any particular reason that it "Must" be in Montego Bay?

Edited: 02 April 2013, 17:08
4. Re: Going For My Birthday In July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:16