We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

towel game question

Havre, Montana
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
towel game question

As I read many reveiws for many resorts that comment on the "towel game" I always think about the resorts that use the towel card system and wonder how people have extra towels to try and reserve seats? I would think they would not want to loose thier towels on the off chance that the staff actually did remove any unattended towels. Am I missing something?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: towel game question

You aren't missing anything. And I've said the same thing. People would never think about putting a $20 bill on a lounger and walking away. But they don't seem to have a problem putting a towel out and then hoping it stays there.

Havre, Montana
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: towel game question

I think if I were sitting on the beach and had seen some chairs go hours unused and someone came around looking for a spot I might let them know that no one had been there to claim thier spots. No one ever does that?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: towel game question

Yes. And stuff left on towels gets moved.

4. Re: towel game question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:15