We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain and More Rain

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Rain and More Rain

What's with all the rain. This is not the season for rain everyone day. What gives?

Malvern, Jamaica
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain and More Rain

sorry that your time in jamaica is getting rained out

the rain is considered a blessing by most at this time in jamaica when drought is plaguing the island and many residents do not have wata for wash and drink/cook

i am sure that the two of you can figure something to do in the rain......hehehe

hint, hint,

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain and More Rain

It sure is a bummer, we went one year and had rain everyday. Not only rain but downpours everyday. No beach party, shows cancelled. You save all year and it sure is a disappointment. We went one year during hurricane season on a last min deal and had the best weather ever so only the man upstairs knows what the weather will bring.......

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain and More Rain

At least it's not snowing like it is where I am right now. 11 more sleeps and I will get a week off from looking at the white stuff and maybe it will disappear while I am gone.

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain and More Rain

Gee Wiz only 6 more sleeps and we will be in Jamaica. Oh well, the two ladies and I can find something to do in the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain and More Rain

You're reading the online weather reports again aren't you? You should know better, having been to Jamaica before. I talked with a friend of mine in Montego Bay a couple of days ago and they said they hadn't seen much rain at all. But as mentioned, they love it when they get it and they definitely need it. But as you said, you'll find something to do, rain or no rain.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain and More Rain

CoolPaPa...dont read the weather! It ALWAYS says rain..... Ive been to Jamaica 6 times....all 6 times, weather said rain rain rain..... and I think out of the 6 trips (42 nights total!) We didnt get a single rained out day....maybe a total of 2 hours rain TOTAL.... sometimes in the late afternoon, there is a little burst of rain....a sun shower.... just relax and enjoy! it will be GORGEOUS out

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain and More Rain

This is very true , its the same in barbados, it doesnt matter what time of year you look at the weather forecast it always says rain, rain and more rain. This rarely happens , maybe the odd shower or two but who cares you are already wet when swimming :)) and sometimes its quite refreshing having a warm shower..

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain and More Rain

We actually look forward to the rain while we're in Jamaica. Since we're from Phoenix, it's not something we see all the time. So it's one of the things we enjoy. But I definitely wouldn't like it if it rained all day, everyday for the entire length of our stay.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Lake Villa
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain and More Rain

Really, rain does not bother me in Jamaica unless I'm riding in the back of a jeep on a day trip. If it does rain, my experience show that it only rains for a short while and then it is all gone! No Problem Mon! Love to all!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain and More Rain

we are up at sunrise everyday, so by the time the rain sets in we ate more than fine with it.