We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Jamaican excursion??

Salesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Jamaican excursion??

What was your favorite excursion? We want to do EVERYTHING, but we also want to relax....So, we're trying to narrow it down to a few....

We'll be staying in MoBay.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

We always pick one big thing and then maybe a afternoon off the resort to shopping, margaritville or a cat cruise. We don't like to be gone everyday. I think our two favorite is the Zip Line and Dunns river falls. Zip line is more exciting for sure. Both are neat to see. For Dunns you can book with a taxi for a better price. For the Zipline this needs to be booked through chukka. You can sometimes find deals online for Chukka.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

It really depends on what you want to do. Different excursions offer different experiences. We had a great time ziplining as well. But we also enjoy a day trip to Negril. Completely different experiences but enjoy both. It's really hard to pick one favorite.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

Mayfield Falls was my ultimate favorite, but YS Falls was also really nice. Rick's Cafe and Negril was also nice, but I'd say Mayfield Falls and then YS Falls (in second) were my favorite.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

MB is a long drive to YS, but a nice place. If I were to do that long a drive to YS I would then incorporate the Pelican Bar and make it a great day, long, but great.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

closest to MObay:

MArtha Brae Bamboo River rafting-very chill vibe

Glistening Waters (can do at night after rafting) amazing and one of only 7 in the world

Rockland Brid Sanctuary

Bob MArley Nine Mile-and a great journey there

on my list but further away

Accompong Town Marroon celebration in January...but a great place to visit otherwise.

Mayfierld Falls.

Pelican Bar-and the litle town of Black River

Rio Grande River Bamboo Rafting-a must do when in Portland area

PEACE!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
397 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

The one excursion that we MUST do every year is the Island Dreamer catamaran. It is fun, exciting and relaxing all in the same afternoon. Just my opinion. :-)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
978 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

Take a trip to Negril, you will love it so much you will want to stay their!!!! See Ricks café, if you

haven't already, and get a cool drink and plunk yourself down in front of Jimmy Buffets Margaretiville,

for great people watching, and swim in the beautiful water, on the great beach.

Middletown, Delaware
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

My favorite was the mystic mountain excursion. We took a 15 minute open air lift ride to the top of the mountain, did a bob sled roller coaster ride then did some zip lining....it was great fun.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

We are off to the Pelican Bar this AM!

10. Re: Favorite Jamaican excursion??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:19