We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Parent Travel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Single Parent Travel

I expect my 13 yr old son to have a blast at the on site water park, but what is there for me? Are there other singles at this hotel, activities for a non athletic women?

Can anyone suggest where to go in Montego Bay where I will not be the odd single parent out?

I would like to go out to party for one night during my stay, any suggestions? I would like to check out a dancehall party, even better if on the beach, are there any?

I plan on heading to scotchies, any word on the KFC? I know, sounds weird but the KFC in Trinidad was the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life, enough so I had it 3 times in a week!

Thanks for the help fellow travellers!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Parent Travel

Sorry the hotel is the Hilton at Rose Hall :)

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Parent Travel

There is a free shuttle that goes from the Hilton and back each night to Margaritaville. Pier One is pretty happening, especially Friday and Sat. nights. Have not been to the KFC, but it is packed every time I drive by there. lol.... Have been to the Hilton 4 times, once as a single parent, and I have to say its pretty laid back and not a real party place. There is some nightly entertainment each night on the patio and the outside bar off the lobby.

Have fun. We love the RHH.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Parent Travel

I'm sure that you will make new friends here on the island.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 12:24
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Parent Travel

Like the Walkers logo, the only one I use for jerk. Thank you for your reply Cebakes. I plan to spend my time laid back and relaxing, but I will look into the hotel shuttle you mentioned for a night out. I have known people to hit KFC in Trinidad before their flight back to Toronto and stuff a bucket in their hand luggage. I will have to get in line and try it out :)

I think im going to love the Hilton as well!

Thanks again

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Parent Travel

I have heard that KFC in Jamaica is pretty good as well. But I have a hard time even trying it when I can go to the Pork Pit, Scotchies or other places and get good jerk chicken.

If you are going to go out one night, my suggestion would be Friday, to Pier One. Good party. Just so you know though, nothing really gets going until after midnight.

6. Re: Single Parent Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:18