We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather in Montego Bay

Oklahoma City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Current weather in Montego Bay

Hi Everyone!

We're leaving for Montego Bay May 18th and we'll be getting married on the 24th at Secrets Wild Orchid and we're getting a little nervous about the weather. Can someone please tell us that we're worrying for nothing and that it'll be just fine for the week we'll be there? Thanks!

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
768 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

Vago, The weather in Montego Bay does not vary much throughout the year. Generally upper 80s during the day mid 70s at night. Many days showers are in the forecast but doesn't always occur. When it does, especially in the spring, it is not long term. Their rainy season is Sept thru Oct I believe.

Don't worry too much about the weather first because you can't change it and your plans are set. Second most resorts that do weddings will have contingency plans available. Maybe not ceremony and photos on the beach but it will be an experience to remember forever. Just enjoy and have a great time. Irie

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

Chances are you will see some rain. But I doubt it will rain all day. It's a possibility, but highly unlikely. It is the weather, so who knows. Don't let the weather reports you read online scare you. The weather should be pretty good. And as Tully says, the resort should have a contingency plan in case of rain.

Relax, enjoy your wedding and enjoy your trip to Jamaica. (We're leaving for Montego Bay on the 16th)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

Sorry Vago. We will be there next week and plan on using up all the sun. ;)

I've been in Late may three times. It's expected that you might experience an hour of rain or clouds followed by clear skies in the late afternoons. A few days last year it was cloudy all day but still perfect beach lounging and swimming weather.

No worries mon. Go enjoy.

Oklahoma City...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

Thanks for all of the responses! We feel a lot better now.

West Conshohocken...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

How was the wedding?! I am looking at Secrets for my wedding this July - very curious to hear more about your experience there!!

6. Re: Current weather in Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:15