We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Hip Strip"????

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Topic
"Hip Strip"????

So, what is the "HipStrip"? lol I keep hearing people refer to this place but where exactly is it (Mobay? Negril? Ocho Rios?)? I take it from other posts that there is a lot to do there, but any details would be great. Thanks in advance!

United States
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Hip Strip"????

See the following for details and photo

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147311-d147504/Monte…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Hip Strip"????

Highly overrated spot in Mo Bay with pricey souvenir shops all pretty much selling the same over priced crap. Some touristy bars and restaurants too.

Not my idea of what I like about Jamaica but to each their own.

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Hip Strip"????

I love the Pork Pit for Jerk. It's at the far end of the Hip Strip when heading toward town.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Hip Strip"????

A week ago we stayed at Royal Decameron MB so the "Hip Strip" was convenient for shopping, no cab needed. You are pestered to come in the stores to look at what they have. We did get a good price on coffee. We wouldn't pay to get there. The nicest thing we saw was Doctor's Beach which you had to pay to use. We walked the beach by accident from our hotel. The guard at our hotel told us we could walk on it. We were very politely asked to leave by security. If you are a Margarettaville fan, it's right there.

5. Re: "Hip Strip"????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 05:16