We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York Mills, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Hey all,

My husband and I will be arriving thursday to the Sandals Montego Bay resort. I'm a complete weather junkie so I've been tracking the weather for the time we are there and its showing thunderstorms everyday from the day we get there, Thursday til the last day on Monday. Someone please tell me that these thunderstorms are not whole day events and will ruin our trip? I can take the rain if it clears up quickly.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147312-i110-k6532…

KY
Level Contributor
125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Just returned home from there this past Fri and there was a 60% chance everyday. It would rain a little everyday but never a washout. We would go out early and need a break during rains then go back out after it quit. Got plenty of sun and the clouds brought in a good breeze daily.

New York Mills, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

That is sooooo good to hear!!! I know either way ill have to just go with the flow. But ya kinda just made my day lol. Thanks!!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Just plan on getting your sun in the morning. We have been there plenty this time of year and you have to "plan" on rain in the afternoons. Go to the beach early and plan your time at the swim up bar or shopping for afternoons!! We also used the rain time to do late lunch. No Worries......

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Just back from Negril Lots of sun from 8-1. From 1-4 80% sun. Then an hour of rain.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
861 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

EVERY single time I have been to Jamaica, either coast, it has rained EVERY single day. But usually early a.m., conveniently during dinner or at night, and sometimes the short afternoon shower or even the downpour for an hour, but it has never tampered with my vacation and sun time. Just find a lounger under an umbrella and hang out until the liquid sunshine stops.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
397 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

Got back 3 days ago and every weather report we looked at before going showed at least a 60% chance of rain every day. A couple of 80% chances. We got rained on for a total of about 5 minutes while on a catamaran by Margaritaville in Montego Bay. No other rain on us the rest of the time. My son kept asking where all the rain I talked about getting was.

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

We were at Iberostar Beach for our wedding from June 1 to June 7. We watched the forecast and it called for thunderstorms our entire trip. It rained less than a half hour our entire trip and we never say any lightening.

lindsay ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

We were in Jamaica in 2009, when the earthquake in Haiti happened. It rained from the time we arrived, until the time we left. This was in Ocho Rios, and everyone said it will be sunny tomorrow because it never rained that much.

Everyone else I have ever spoke too have never experience that. I think you will get plenty of sun, there will just be rain at SOME point everyday.

Do not let the weather ruin your holiday regardless. Our trip to Jamaica still remains one of our best trips to date, even though we came home whiter than we left ;)

10. Re: Thunderstorms the whole time???? nooooo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 07:18