We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public/private beaches during Christmas time

TO
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public/private beaches during Christmas time

Hello,

I am planning to go to Montego Bay during Christmas. I will most likely be renting a house/apartment, I am starting to look now.

How difficult is it to find parking at the public beaches and which public beaches do you recommend in/near Montego Bay?

Do all beaches have admission fees and what are the approximate prices? Also, is it usually a full day price, or do I have to pay again if I go for lunch and come back?

I am also looking at Negril/Ocho Rios areas, not sure where we'll end up.

Thank You in advance!

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public/private beaches during Christmas time

If you are a beach person go to Negril, you will love it.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,291 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public/private beaches during Christmas time

Most beaches do not charge a fee at all and all beaches in Jamaica are public.

I can't recall what the parking situation at Doctor's Cave beach is - it is in Montego Bay and does charge about $5US for the day, mainly because there are bathrooms and changing rooms and all that.

I know a couple of beaches in Portland that charge a fee, similar price.

3. Re: Public/private beaches during Christmas time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:17