We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

lower alabama
Level Contributor
53 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

I get Travel newsletter. I was blown away to see one offering to a resort on Montego Bay that included air fare, all inclusive, nice big room for 6 days at $800. That just seems too good to be true. Once I signed on to book I found a bunch of similar offers for around the same price.

I need advice please. Where to go to 1. snorkle near the hotel 2. all inclusive without getting Montezuma's revenge, 3. air fair included from Pensacola, FL, (yes I know that is extra since not a major city) and a price decent just for one. I am hoping these all inclusive resorts don't double charge as the cruise ships do.

Got any destinations to suggest? Does not have to be Montego or Jamaica for that matter. Just want an easy transfer from the airport, feel safe, snorkle, all inclusive but does not have to be fancy, and not charge me double because I am alone.

Is this even possible?

Mentioned in this post
Pensacola
Pensacola
Florida Panhandle, FL
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

First off, the "alone" part is what is going to hurt you. I bet if you read the fine print on all those ads it will say price based on double occupancy. Most AI resorts will charge you a single supplement. It will vary from resort to resort.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

You should probably talk to a TA since you have such an open window of criteria. I mean you can snorkel just about anywhere. You probably need someone who can put in the time for researching different options if you don't want to.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

i'm not aware of any resort in Jamaica that doesn't charge a single's supplement other than perhaps Hedo (which they will, if available, pair you up with another single.... otherwise if you are definite on being solo, you will need to pay the supplement)... the supplement isn't necessarily double, but you will basically be paying the hotel rate for the non-present second person (and probably some of the fees/taxes associated with the "all in" price)

Mexico (and Cuba) are better destinations for finding a "no singles supplement" deal... there are websites that keep a listing of hotels that offer this (regularily or for a special)... a google search would be helpful here.

hope that helps some

Chelle

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
4. Re: Here's my situation and are the ads accurate or misleading?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:20