We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa
3 posts
Save Topic
Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

We will be traveling to SGR next June and arriving on Wednesday in Montego Bay. Is Club Mobay worth it on arrival or is the Sandals arrival lounge just as good?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

There's no comparison between the actual lounges - Club Mobay's is 100X better. However, you probably won't spend much time in the lounge on arrival. Most people find Club Mobay more "worth it" for departure, when you will be at the airport for much longer.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

Yeah I have been doing my research on it and this is what I gathered...

Its really a crap shoot on whether or not its worth it unless you know a few things. Lets say all planes are on schedule and 7 of them will all be landing around the same time. Think about all those people all going through customs and how big the lines are. With club mobay and can bypass all of that. However lets say your plane or other planes are late/early and the lines only have a few people in them then basically you spent the money on a few extra choices of snacks and drinks...

As for departure it seems your plane may leave at 3pm but you arrive at the terminal at 11am. Its then that you get to chill in the lounge while you wait...

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

TKC359: The Club Mobay lounge is inside the security perimeter and only available to departing travelers. The Sandals lounge is outside the arrivals security perimeter and is used to check in with the Sandals representative to confirm your arrival in country so they can arrange your ground transportation from the airport to your resort. The Sandals lounge is used by guests who have a few minutes to kill before departing the airport. The Club Mobay arrival service is used to fast track you through arrivals immigration. The primary benefit of using the service is to fast track through the arrivals immigration que. The 'worth it' question will be debated forever...for us, it boils down to a crap shoot on how long the arrivals immigration line is when you get there. Sometimes, there has been literally zero people in line, so there is no benefit wrt to fast tracking. Other times, there has been an hour long line...just depends on the volume of travelers and time of day.

Deer Lake
Level Contributor
232 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

There are 10 flights within a 2 hour range mid day.... maybe I will look at the fast track.. first I heard of this.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

@SRCFan Just to clarify, there is a Club Mobay arrival lounge, too. It is right next to the Sandals one. I saw it in April, and it has a full bar. From what I've heard, it also has food and a nicer bathroom. And as you know, Sandals lounge rarely has food, and only has pop and Red Stripe, and sometimes champagne. The rum punch at Club Mobay is supposed to be fantastic! If I find out myself, I'll let you know what I think. : )

Tampa
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the feedback.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

@BSB: Thanks for the clarification...I did not know that. I was at the Sandals lounge in April 2013...how I missed the Club Mo Bay lounge I guess is a mystery especially since it's next door. Now I'm schooled.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

LOL! I was actually looking for it, and we had to wait awhile to get on our bus to SWH because they had misplaced one bag of a couple that had 5! Anyway, stood right in front of it for at least 5 minues. :)

canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

I cannot find a price for the Club Mobay arrival service. I see that I can purchase the departure service for $30 at our resort so would be make sense that for both ways it will be around $60? I am assuming that you book directly online or is this something your travel agent does for you......thanks for any info you can provide. Cheers.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals arrival lounge or Club Mobay

The arrival service is more than the departure. I believe that the arrival is $55. When you buy both, there is a $5 discount, and comes to $80 per person. Your travel agent can book it for you, or you can do it directly thru Club Mobay. You fill out the form, and I believe they then call you. We booked ours thru our TA. Here is the link:

http://www.vipattractions.com/club-mobay.php