We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

If you have stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.....can you please give me your pros and cons.

Thanks

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Pros: great swim up bar, nice choice of restaurants, nice sitting area in rooms and good bathroom layout, beautiful lobby with lobby bar that opens early and makes a great cappuccino, friendly service.

Cons: room service doesn't have breakfast items on it and the won't deliver drinks, not even coffee, no outdoor bars to hang out at at night, everything is indoor, towel card system which you usually only see at "lower end" properties, prices in the last year have gone up a lot.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Thanks susanbratwurst.

Would you stay again?

This is our first trip to Jamaica and I fell in love with the Suites (through my research).

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Another question...how many adults can comfortably stay in 1 suite???

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Regarding number of people per suite: I'm pretty sure Iberostar rates are based per 2 people sharing a room. If only one person is in the room--the price goes up. I think the max number of adults is 2 per room and 2 children. They will allow 3 adults but of course you have to pay an additional fee.

Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

We stayed there for New Year's 2011 and loved the place! We have stayed at three Iberostars and it is our second favourite chain (after Beaches/Sandals). The resort is a very nice size - not to big so that it is hard to get around, and not too small so that you aren't bumping shoulders with people in the pool. We were not fussy about the beach, it is very small and not the blue water Caribbean beach you see in all the advertising (and while daydreaming lol)! As with all Montego Bay resorts, the ride to and from the airport was short and sweet. The rooms are very large and roomy, there were four of us in the room, two adults and two children age 11 and 13 . Go ahead and book, you will enjoy the resort. Not the best we have been to but very nice just the same.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Three of us stayed in a suite for a wedding and we actually got charged LESS. Everyone else paid $18XX and we paid about $60 less then them for a triple.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

SouthCarolinagirl: I would definitely stay again. In fact our stay at the Suites prompted me to vacation twice at The Grand for girls getaway trips and also twice at the Iberostar Maya (mexico version of the Suites caliber resort) twice. I like the Iberostar product for their service and inclusions of room service and higher end alcohol. They have a nice business model that works well. My only two complaints really are the lack of outdoor space for socializing in the evening (no beach bar type thing open so the only option outdoors with bar service is the balcony off the lobby) and the only other slight draw back (and this is personal preference) is it has a more hotel feel than a resort feel. We stayed last month at Jewel Runaway Bay, and while not as "fancy" (read no marble lobby, grand staircase, less dining options, no linen table cloths in the buffet, that type of thing) the resort had a more resort feel to it and more outdoor options in the evening which is more my preference. Again, its all what you are looking for and what your priorities are.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

Thanks for the info everyone.

I think we're going to book. :)

9. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites....pros and cons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:22