We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Last year we went to Secrets St. James and loved it, this past year we went to Sandals Montego Bay and enjoyed it, but Secrets was MUCH MUCH better is every way. So for our honeymoon, I think we will try the last Adult Only Resort in Montego Bay and see how we like Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Just a few questions.

There are 4 dinner restaurants from what I see.. how many options are there for lunch as well as dinner. Yes I know theres room service :)

What is the night-life like? What do people do at night? Do they have a theatre for shows? If so, is it inside or outside.

How is the resort laid out with the family one. Are they connected but separated? Can the grand rose hall people use the family resort for dinner to ?

If you have been to sandals mobay, or secrets.. how do you compare those to this resort. Thanks!

Edited: 11 September 2013, 07:12
new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Good choice!

They have an indoor lunch buffet, outdoor buffet and usually something on a BBQ out by the pool. Sometimes they have a full beach BBQ buffet. We also go down to the suites and use the lunch buffet,

Nightlife depends on the crowd that is there at that time. They have shows, piano, and a night club. I always have fun and find a place to be. All the nightly entertainment is indoors.

The Iberostar suites is next door as you walk down the beach. They are connected by a hall way that leads to the shops that are shared with the suites, Yes you can use the restaurants at the suits and the beach hotel. We usually go over to the steak house at the suites.

We used to go to Sandals MoBay every year but we haven't look back since we started going to the Grand.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

I think you'll have a great time! Wishin&Fishin did a good job answering your questions. I have only a few things to add... Since you are staying at the Grand, you can dine at any of the restaurants at the resort--so the Beach and the Suites. The food is so good at the Grand, I never dined at either. However, lots of people prefer the more casual lunch by the beach at the Suites (I'll have to try it next time.) Also, it is fun to do a "bar crawl" at all of the bars in the different sections of the Iberostar. Nightlife is pretty calm at the Grand, the lobby bar is fun. They also have shows in the theatre. There is a disco at one of the neighboring hotels which is livelier but I've never been.

Now to compare it to Secrets St. James-- The Grand is more, well, "grand." All of the rooms have hallways indoors, the rooms are larger and the AC works better the restaurants are more centrally located, the pools are closer together. The Grand rooms TVs have less stations, there are no outdoor restaurants for dinner or outdoor bars, there is no tub on the patio. The service at the Grand is far superior than that at Secrets St. James so you are in for a treat!

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

@LMSunFun

"However, lots of people prefer the more casual lunch by the beach at the Suites (I'll have to try it next time.)"

The Grand has the buffet set up in the open air restaurant on the beach for casual lunch. All you need is a shirt or a cover up.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 16:58
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Clarification--I meant the food was less "fancy" / European. Not really the dress code! Thanks though!

Edited: 11 September 2013, 17:28
new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

If we are down that way doing a pub crawl we go in to get the chicken fingers. LOL

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
318 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

After a few days of lobster and shrimp for lunch, my husband might actually prefer the chicken tenders! LOL. It's a charmed life I guess!

7. Re: Narrowed down to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:16