We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making calls

TN
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Making calls

I have Verizon thy are little high for minutes used to call home when in Jamaica so what is the best calling pan to use to call US while visiting Jamaica???

United States
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Making calls

For the best way to call home see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s605/Jamaica:…

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Making calls

If you have a smart phone you can download the Sandals phone app, which I believe once downloaded from App Store or google play, can be used with ANY wi-fi connection ANYWHERE. Haven't tried it, so I don't really know much more than that... It might be too good to be true and only accessible at Sandals, but the app description made is sound like you could use it literally anywhere there is wi-fi :) good luck!

TN
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Making calls

wow thats a lot of help thank you!

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Making calls

I have downloaded the app. When I open it, it says that I need to check in and enter a code... Actually, I just tried to open it to see exactly what the message is and got a black screen. I'm fairly certain that it only works on site. Will update after my trip.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Making calls

I thought I read somewhere that you could only call landlines with the app. Does anyone know if this is the case?

6. Re: Making calls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18