We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CONNECTICUT
7 posts
Save Topic
Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

We are heading to the Iberostar Suites next month and I was wondering if the early morning lounge chair holding is in play at this resort or is it not allowed?

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

You should have no problem in October. Occupancy should be low. We are headed to the Grand at the end of October and it usually isn't crowded at that time of year. When we went last April that was a different story, they were at 94% occupancy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

Even though the signs say it's not allowed, the practice was in full play when we visited in early August. After the first day, I would go down with my book around 9am and select our four spots. My wife and two boys would generally arrive an hour later. There were instances where seats were reserved when I arrived but I never saw anyone come us them all day. Incredibly rude, but......I only saw one disagreement about seating so it seems that most tolerate the practice.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 19:38
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

I agree with the above. However we went in full occupancy high seaon and never had a problem finding seating in the shade by the pool or on the beach.

Honestly, I think anyone who says the towel game isn't played at any resort, is not being truthful. I have seen some resorts where it was not as bad as others, but there is always the "towel game". We always go in the peak season, so most resorts are full (or almost full).

4. Re: Reserving lounge chairs at the suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:18