We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

I am traveling this November to Montego Bay, Jamaica for a wedding being held at Tryall Golf Club. I desperately need accommodation recommendations for two adults, within the vicinity of Tryall. Price is not my concern, however I just would like to get value for dollar, as I see so many conflicting reviews for Secrets Resorts, Grand Palladium, Sandals etc...HELP PLEASE!!!!

United States
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

The nearest hotel that I can recommend is Round Hill. It is located about 4 miles east of Tryall and on the eastern edge of Hopewell. The Round Hill is something like the Tryall in that it has a large number of villas on a hill. In addition it has a small set of hotel rooms located near the sea. Otherwise you should look into a hotel in Montego Bay itself.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

Thank you for your post. Are you familiar with the Sandals chain restaurants? I'm wondering what the difference is between the Sandals Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean resorts...

United States
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

"I'm wondering what the difference is between the Sandals Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean resorts"

First I would say that all Sandals resorts are great if you are a couple. Second, finding the 'best' between the various Sandals properties is more a matter of each individuals taste than anything else. With that said, the two resorts you list are more similar than different once you pass over the cosmetics of each property. They are both on the beach, have multiple bars, have many room types, have multiple restaurants, offer good service, etc. The minor differences that I would note between the two resorts are: 1) the Royal Caribbean appears to be a bit more 'luxurious' to me (a 'cosmetic' item) and 2) the typical guest at Sandals Montego Bay appears to be a bit younger and more active. The major difference between two resorts is location. Sandals Montego Bay is located on a very narrow strip of land (normally 100 yards wide, or less) and is very near the airport runway (about 150 yards from the hotels front door to the runway). I rate the Royal Caribbean location better because it is about 2 miles from the airport.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

Many thanks for your response! Your input is very useful....I definitely don't want to be a part of the flight arrival and departure experience on the hour.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

Agree Round Hill is a terrific option: http://www.roundhill.com/pineapple-house/

But Tryall has suites and one bedroom villas too: www.tryallclub.com/great-house-villa-suites/

6. Re: Hotels Near Tryall Gold Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:20