We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

United States
Level Contributor
300 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

Any tips, or suggestions/advice while visiting the 3 Sandals Mobay resorts? just in general don't wanna miss a thing!! :) thank you!!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

I think you are staying at SMB? Definitely visit the other two resorts while there so you can get a feel for them in case you wish to consider either for a future trip.

Do dinner at the other resorts - we've stayed at both SRC and SCI and we always make sure to dine at Cucina Romana at SMB, Le Jardinier at SRC and the Carlyle at SCI.

Take the shuttle - while staying at SRC, we like to take the shuttle over to SCI, have lunch, walk and shop the Hip Strip and then return for a cold beverage at the Sunset Bar.

Visit the offshore island - while visiting SRC, take the boat out to the private island and have lunch at the Bamboo Shack. If a clothing optional beach is your thing, the island is the place to enjoy a leisurely afternoon.

Aside of the sights in MoBay, consider a day trip to Negril if you've never been. You have full exchange privileges at Sandals Negril and can walk 7 mile beach.

We are back to SRC in November for stay #4 there...can't wait!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

1. Ask for a copy of the weeks itinerary for all three resorts and then sit down to a nice lunch and look over what all is going on at each of the resorts during your stay. This will help you figure out what you are ok with missing and what you want to take part in.

2. Once you get that figured out, make your dining reservations accordingly. (for instance during the night of a beach party you may wish to not make any dinner reservations so you can experience the beach party buffet. OR on the flip side if you plan on attending more than one beach party you may want to get reservations for one of the nights since one buffet dinner might be enough for you during your trip. (keep in mind there are no wrist bands or limits so you can eat any many times as you want anyways)

3. After dinner reservations then its time to plan any off resort excursions. IMO it depends on the guest but its better to make these plans last as you now have a better idea of your resort activities and entertainment as well as dining reservations. I could also see how to some it would be more important to plan off resort excursions first though.

4. If you like true peace and quiet, DO visit the private island at SRC. Its very peaceful and serene out there. They have a newly renovated red lane spa hut for a personal massage, excellent jerk chicken at the bamboo shack and a clothing optional section for the more daring.

5. DO take advantage of the stay at 1, play at three. Enjoy all three resorts as if you are staying at each one.

Its like 3 vacations in one and each resort has its own charm and character. It could also give you insight on rather you may wish to book one of the other properties in a future stay. :) Enjoy

United States
Level Contributor
300 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

Thank You Both so...much! these are wonderful tips. we stayed 9 yrs ago at Montego Bay sandals, however never left the resort, but for 2 excursions (dunns river & catamaran) this time I want to visit the 3 resorts and get to the hip strip. I didn't know we could use Negril's resort for the day too, just need to get a ride. we chose to stay at the Carlyle, since the price was unreal and it seems the shuttles are easy enough to use. I wonder how much cab fare is if we miss a late night shuttle or want to get an earlier start? Carlyle shuttle doesn't start till 10:45am.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

I've not taken a cab between the three resorts but I wouldn't expect it to cost more than $5-10. Be sure you use a red plate cab and agree to the price before entering the vehicle.

Unless the shuttle time has changed since last year, the first shuttle leaves the Carlyle at 10:30am and I can tell you that most mornings there was a line-up for it!

While staying at any Sandals, you have full exchange privileges at all Sandals and Beaches on the island with the exception of Sandals Royal Plantation which is all-butler and too small to accommodate outside guests. So if you happen to do an excursion to Negril or Ocho Rios for instance, you can stop in at the Sandals or Beaches in the area for lunch, dinner, lounge at the pool, walk the beach...full use of all the amenities! Just be sure you carry your Sandals id card which is given to you upon check-in...security will wish to verify that you are a guest of Sandals. If you know for sure you might wish to go to Sandals Negril (or one of the others outside MoBay), it also wouldn't hurt to have the Carlyle notify the other Sandals resort to expect a visit from you.

Have fun!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

If time is limited I'd choose excursions over all 3 resorts or at least include the Negril one.

The Martha Brae river rafting is really nice and after that at night you can do the Glistening Waters where the water ligths up! Both are well worth is but if you choose one I;d pick the Glistening Waters. The Rockland Bird Sanctuary is a lush garden of birds-close to Mobay and an easy trip one am or afternoon!

If you are walking the strip don;t miss the Pork Pit!

PEACE!

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

cool4august88,

When are you staying at the Carlyle? We will be there Nov 17th - 22nd.

United States
Level Contributor
300 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

travelpair55 and Bushgirl thank you! awesome tips and ideas! I'm really worried about this shuttle thing now :( if its full I have to wait another hour? Sami

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

No worries, Cool. If it's full, they will usually do a quick drop-off and come back to pick up the rest of the passengers. That's what we have found in the past when it's full. We always try to make sure that we are at the pickup spot 10-15 minutes before the pickup time to ensure getting on the shuttle. Most times it's the folks who come only a couple minutes before that miss out on getting on.

Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

cool4 When we were there and they were full they called in another one. There was one time we did not want to wait for the shuttle at Sandals Royal Carb and we just took a taxi....it was not that expensive.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must do's/suggestions while visiting Sandals Mobay resorts

We have stayed at SCI several times and a few times when the shuttle was full, SCI paid a taxi driver to take us. Not sure how often this happens but they try very hard to accommodate you. Also, when we were there in January, the first shuttle left at 9:30 am for SMB. I don't know if that was just for peak season or if policy has changed. When we paid for the taxi ourselves it was $10-12 to go to SRC (decided before we got in the cab), not sure about going to SMB.