We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

Has anyone stayed at either of the Sandals (Mobay or Negril) WITHOUT conceirage or butler service. It seems everyone who writes a review has had one or the other. I have kids in college - a standard room is what I will be getting. From reading the reviews it seems like if I only book a standard room I will not be getting the same service or able to get a cabana as they are all booked by the butlers including the restaurant reservations - will I be disappointed with Standard room service?

Va USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

I have been to both Mobay and Negril . mobay was without butlers or conceirage . negril have had both and they do make reservatios easier to get .

mobay - resort has party vibe and has alot going on all the time . was hard to find shade on the beach because of the butlers . reservations for dinner we did not need , just walked up to where we wanted to eat and waited for a table . found chairs by the piano bar with shade everyday we were there .

negril - the conceirage staff is great . they made reservations for us for dinner and arranged some other things during our stay . had a problem at home and they helped me make some calls to get it corrected . negril has a more laid back vibe . if you get conceirage say hi to Patrice she is wonderful . getting shade on the beach was not a problem for us just had to not sleep in in the morning .

butlers at negril are very friendly they have helped us out even when we did not have a butler . mobay they are not so much .

will be back to negril on our 4th trip in three years in feb 14 , have a room with butlers again .

United States
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

"I will not be getting the same service or able to get a cabana as they are all booked by the butlers"

At Sandals Negril I often see many, and often most, of the cabanas unused. It appears to me that they get little usage.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

Butler guests do not have first dibs on Cabanas. Cabanas are available to rent on a first come, first serve basis to all guests. And there is the people that say they are experiencing poor service because they are in a standard room are creating this idea in their head. For the most part the staff do not even know what room category you are in so therefore its unlikely they are treating anyone differently. For our honeymoon we stayed in the second to cheapest room possible. Yet we felt every staff member went above and beyond to make our stay better. From the friendly greetings from everyone who passed us to even being asked if we needed anything to make our trip better. Hell one day, a groundskeeper covered in grass saw us taking photos and ran up to offer to take one of the two of us together. No one asked for a tip and no one cared what room category we were in.

If I could make one tiny suggestion. I think the Cabanas at SMB are in a silly place. They are right smack in the middle of the beach next to everyone else which IMO defeats the purpose. In my head, the idea of the cabana is to be a little more secluded, quiet and away from the rest of the guests. So I would never pay to rent on there at mobay. I did however enjoy one at Sandals Royal Caribbean which was very nice because they have two sets. One thats away from the main beach and one set thats out on the private island. Great spots for quiet and seclusion.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

longawaited...we've been to or stayed at all Sandals resorts and have stayed in standard level, club (formerly concierge level) and butler level. No matter which category you will receive great service. As Rachael mentioned above...most of the staff don't know which category of room you are staying in.

It's also important to know that butler level rooms are the minority at the resorts...and with the number of restaurants at each of the resorts, there are only a very small percentage of tables booked for butler level guests at any given time.

You might find this post interesting to read...I hope it helps! tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k52694…

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

We stayed at SMB in a standard room on the second floor of the Seagrapes building. We loved it and had wonderful service. No problem making reservations for the restaurants we wanted. We made them for the whole week on our first morning there. Have fun!!

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
608 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

Thanks for asking the question, longawaitedcavation. We are avid Sandals Montego Bay fans (go back to the resort every year for our anniversary), but have been thinking of taking an additional trip and trying Negril. After reading the comments, Sandals Negril may be worth the hour and a half drive from the airport.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

Kathy-

We have stayed at both, with our next trip in a few weeks to SN. Can't wait to get back there and see the renovations. Negril in general (not just the resort) has such a different vibe from MoBay. Hard to describe, but you just feel it all around you. Definitely worth the 1-1/2 hour ride!

8. Re: Sandals Motego Bay and or Sandals Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:20