We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Hello,

I've never been to Jamaica so wondering what is the easiest way (if hotel is not offering a transfer or transfer cost is too high in my opinion) to get to Montego Bay area from MBJ?

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Most hotel in Montego Bay are a 15 minutes drive from the airport. Most resort will offer a shuttle. Where are you planning to stay?

Alex

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
79 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Royalton White Sands. They new and will be open in November so it is kind of hard to find any reviews. Do you know which hotel/resort is closes to it so I can at least read their review as they might mention tranfportation/beach.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Montego Bay is small a quick taxi ride and yes most hotels will offer a shuttle. It you take a taxi outside-use red plate and if your hotel is close don't pay more than 15US.

reviews would be independant of each resort.

Resorts have their own beach; outside of the resort Aqua Sol beach is nice and the newly renovated Cornwall beach-expensive and they charge for everything.

Beaches in Montego Bay charge and entrance fee.

PEACE!

IA
Level Contributor
873 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

Royalton is not actually Montego Bay. It is about 25 minutes out. I always use Gregg Connell with www.reggae-tours.com

His email is connellgregg@yahoo.com

Royalton is the old Starfish Trelawny.

Matt

United States
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

"easiest way (if hotel is not offering a transfer or transfer cost is too high in my opinion) to get to Montego Bay area from MBJ?"

A taxi is the easiest way to a Montego Bay area hotel but one of the many shuttle busses has a lower cost. However, in your case ...

"Royalton White Sands."

This hotel is NOT in or near Montego Bay. The Royalton is located miles east of the town of Falmouth. This hotel is a bit over 20 miles from the airport (MBJ). The one way travel time from the airport to the hotel is about 40 or 45 min.

"They new"

The hotel was built in 1975 and is currently being remodeled for the third time.

"will be open in November"

You should call the hotel to confirm the opening date of the hotel.

"Do you know which hotel/resort is closes to it so I can at least read their review"

The nearest hotel to the Royalton is N-Resort. However, keep in mind that the Royalton White Sands is best described as being about 3 miles east of the town of Falmouth.

If you need transfers to the Royalton from MBJ, click on "THE LIST, Private Drivers or Taxis?" at the upper right on this screen and pick one of the many transfer operators listed rather than a regular taxi.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 17:38
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,046 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

It has a very nice beach. I spent a day there when it was Starfish a few years back. A private taxi may be as much as $50, you might check with some of the recommended drivers for a price.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

thevinne-your response was spot on! :)

8. Re: The easiest way to get to Montego bay from MBJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:20