We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Mo Bay

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Mo Bay

I am frustrated. I was on the Sandals website last week and the price to stay at Sandlas Montego Bay was $3133 I go to book it this week and the price went up to $3312- Has anyone else experienced this?

Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
596 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

I've seen this all the time, not just with Sandals but with any resort. Prices will generally go up the closer to the departure date. It's hateful for sure...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
409 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

Yes, this happens all the time. When I find a good price with Sandals I book right away with the $400 deposit. If the price decreases you just have to call and they will honor the lower price. If it goes up, you are locked in at the rate you originally booked. You can also transfer your deposit to another booking if you change your mind or get a refund if you cancel (before a certain date).

rok
Canada Bay...
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

Really no difference with airlines. It's simply a case of supply and demand. Jem 213 has it right, been there, done that.

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

Sandals seems to be a bit more calculated in their price fluctuations.

The same thing happened to us. I was watching the price for months and it was staying steady, then it did change, about $400 more. We booked that week so we wouldn't be affected by the next change. And if it goes down, we can get an adjustment.

I had been checking prices for at least a year and a half. We had an idea of when we wanted to travel, so I paid special attention to reviews, posts and pricing for the same season the year before, so they would reflect what we were going to experience during our trip. When we got a more solid idea of dates, I watched the price pretty closely. When it went up, we knew we missed a deal and didn't want to be disappointed a second time so we booked with the deposit and bought the trip insurance. I just did another payment today. One more big payment soon then we'll wait for our 45 days.

Interestingly, there was a week where the price went up, and then down again for just a few days. It can down to the same rate we had booked at, but if I weren't watching I'd have been pretty upset booking and not knowing about fluctuations.

Sorry, but it's very common. If you have a chance to pay deposit only, and you can adjust pricing or dates based on your booking restrictions, DO IT!!!!! Hopefully you decide to go still. Just watch the pricing or ask your TA to be aware of it.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 21:58
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

The prices change all the time. I have a spreadsheet I keep of the resorts I'm interested in, and once I book I check everyday for price changes. The deal I got for this fall at SGR was amazing, and it was only on sale for a couple days. When prices drops substantially, it is normally only for a few days, so checking everyday pays off for me. I would book now to lock that price in, and just keep checking it in case it drops, and then they will honor that price.

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

thanks everyone. i will continue to watch the prices for a while may even end up at Couples Swept Away

7. Re: Sandals Mo Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:19