We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Inclusive in Montego Bay

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
495 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Non-Inclusive in Montego Bay

Hello!

Can someone recommend a Non-Inclusive hotel that's near or not too far from Sunset Beach Resort for a single traveler...

Also I'll be staying at Sunset Beach for the first time I usually stay in Negril but wanted to experience Montego are there any must do's in Montego Bay such as Nightlife, Excursions, Places to eat...?

Thank you so much

United States
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-Inclusive in Montego Bay

"Can someone recommend a Non-Inclusive hotel that's near or not too far from Sunset Beach Resort for a single traveler"

First of all keep in mind that Sunset Beach Resort is located out in the middle of the bay. The only hotel that I would consider to be 'near or not too far' is Secrets which is also an all inclusive resort. Everything else is 3 miles or more from Sunset Beach.

If you are looking for just a place to stay one night before/after a flight at an odd hour then try Toby's Resort. It is very near the airport and has a restaurant and a pool but is across the road from a very small public beach.

If you are looking to stay for some time at a non-inclusive beach resort then consider Half Moon which is about 8 miles east of Sunset Beach or Round Hill which is about 6 miles west of Sunset Beach. Both have a restaurant but are not near many other places to eat or drink (use a taxi from both to go out).

Edited: 18 October 2013, 21:46
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
495 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-Inclusive in Montego Bay

Thank you Vinnie... Im looking to stay a couple days and friends are staying at Sunset Beach so trying to be as close as possible....I found a few hotels thats in my price range if you all can chime in on its location and if they are decent enough for the basics (sleep/shower) as I'll have a daily pass to Sunset Beach AI.., Thanks!

Grandiosa Hotel

Doctors Cave Beach

Relax Resort

Retreat Guesthouse

3. Re: Non-Inclusive in Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 05:17