We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Anyone used this before - we have been to Jamaica 4 times and never used this service when departing but thinking it might be worth it. Is it everything they say it is? Any pictures? Thinking if we can sit and relax and have red-stripe and there is a smoking lounge next to it, it might be worth it since we are only staying 5 minutes from the airport and likely will be there early, as we always are. Thoughts?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

I read recently that during the high season (Jan-March/April) they will be limiting passes to the lounge, so if you're traveling during this time period, and particularly on a weekend, I wouldn't wait to try to buy the passes at the airport. Many of the resorts sell them, as well as being able to buy them thru your TA or directly thru CMB on-line.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

The lounges are not that big. I think I counted thirty seats in the family lounge. But with many planes leaving between 1pm-3pm...the turnover was pretty quick.

Mississauga...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Do you know if they have an arrival service at Toronto Airport? I like the idea of having someone get my luggage and fast track us through immigration and customs to home faster. I have been searching online but cannot find anything.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Sandra W: Club MoBay only has two lounges...both in Jamaica. But I think they should branch out as well!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

They could make a ton of money doing this in Punta Cana. That airport is a zoo.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
879 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

It was OK. We splurged on both arriving and departing passes for two adults and a child. We got lucky this trip and NO lines arriving OR departing. So, the Fast Track part was a waste. The arrival lounge was small but clean. We took a potty break, grabbed a few waters and a bag of snacks and went to the bus to the hotel.

The departure lounge seemed cramped to me. Since we had a 6 year old, I assumed we were not allowed in the quiet part so we were stuck in the main area and it was crowded. The kids space is small and geared toward toddlers. The mixed drink I got was really good and the bananas and patties on the buffet were delish. However, not worth the price we paid. Next time, we will pass on this.

The people were very friendly, though. Oh, and we arrived at the airport 2 1/2 hours early and by the time we checked in at the Delta counter an hour had passed so we really didn't have much time in the lounge anyway. And I was kinda bummed that I took that route instead of browsing all of the wonderful airport shops anyway.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Terriv: you could have stored your luggage with the ladies at the spa and then shop to your hearts content. Just a fyi for others...and you are correct, no kids allowed in the Quiet Lounge. We stayed in the main lounge(didn't know about the quiet one at the time) and watched people coming and going. Honestly, $30 each is cheaper than finding food and drinks at the terminal. At least you tried it!

Sterling Heights...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Departure, in my opinion, is 100% worth it. We flew out on a Saturday in early October 2013 and the security line was long so it was worth it just to fast track through that line BUT I think it was more than worth it even if there had been no line. $30 bucks? I've paid more having a meal at the airport and that $30 for Club Mobay got me a few glasses of champagne, delicious food, a comfortable atmosphere and unlimited calls home to Michigan! I was able to make multiple phone calls during our two hours in the lounge. I absolutely think it was worth it and will purchase again. I'm debating purchasing arrival next time too. Last trip we waited about 45 minutes which was difficult enough but then I turned around and saw the line stretched all the way up the ramp and I'd hate to be in the back of that line!

And yes, we were there early October and immigration most definitely had AC. Perhaps it wasn't working the day a previous commenter arrived.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

Loved it arriving and leaving worth every penny.. Email for details.

60. Re: Club MoBay Departure VIP Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:19