We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hole

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Deer Lake
Level Contributor
232 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Hole

If you are in Jamaica, then do not miss on the blue hole excursion.....do not ask at the tour desk because it is not on their lists. Call Ricardo at liberty tours, or. On line, and ask for the tour. This is the best excursion I have ever done. You get to see the best of Jamaica and the staff, especially, Julian, are great. Well worth the money and the travel time.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
49 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hole

Whole heartedly agree! Assuming we went to the same one, (I was told there were several places referred to as the "Blue Hole" in Jamaica?). Was it outside of Ochos Rios, up in the mountains? If so, it was hands down the best experience of our trip!

Deer Lake
Level Contributor
232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hole

Yes it is in Ochio Rios also called secret falls.

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hole

how far is the ride from SRC?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hole

Also, did you do just Blue Hole or did you do river tubing or firewater (or anything else) in the same tour?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
49 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Hole

Sorry k300h, I'm not sure where SRC is located. From the Royal Decameron, extremely near the airport, it took about 2 hours of driving to get there. We hired a private driver & made several stops along the way though, which made it a longer trip, but we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

Cynthina, on our way back to the resort that evening right around dusk, we stopped at Glistening Waters. It was incredible! I don't know if you've heard of the Luminous Lagoon tours, but it was unforgettable. The perfect end to our already perfect day at the Blue Hole! Like I said though, we hired a private driver, so it wasn't part of a tour or anything.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 05:33
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Hole

Thanks MrsC for the info and yes we are planning to see Luminous Lagoon as well. (In fact our stay is planned during the dark moon for that reason). But I have one more question about Blue Hole concerning the water shoes. Would the Keen type water sandals be ok or is it better to have regular water shoes?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Hole

From SRC it would be about two hours.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
49 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Hole

Oh good! We didn't plan as well for the Luminous Lagoon, but we were lucky to have gone on such a perfect night for the organisms to be just electric blue! I think the Keen type water shoes would work just fine for the Blue Hole though.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Hole

We just wore normal water shoes, not sure what Keen means.

Halifax, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Hole

Hi,

I was just reading this thread about "blue Holes" and "Luminous Lagoon. We will be at SMB from March 3 to 10. First where do I book this and am I at the right time to go during the black moon? thanks for any input.