We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pier 1

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
The Pier 1

I've heard this is the hot spot on Fridays and it will be my first time going this coming Friday. I usually go to Jungle when staying in Negril do they compare...? I have a few other questions if you all can answer for me...will be greatly appreciated.

What's the vibe like?

How much does it cost?

What's the hours? (Party hours_

What type a music they play? (Other then Reggae)

Is it hard to get a taxi to/from Sunset Beach to The Pier?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pier 1

Oh and what's the average cost for a taxi to/from Sunset & Pier?

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pier 1

"Is it hard to get a taxi to/from Sunset Beach to The Pier?"

No. From the hotel to Pier 1 it is about 2 miles by road. If you face the sea at the hotel, turn right and walk to the end of the hotels beach you will see that it is just under 1 mile across the water of the bay to Pier 1. The trip should cost $US10 or less one way.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pier 1

I have been to both. Pier 1 is in my opinion a little more locals the tourist. The times I have been there at least. Yes there were plenty of locals at the Jungle but I felt more at Pier. Jungle is larger, more room to move around. Pier is smaller and all outdoors. Same typical "club" vibe and music. When I stayed at SSBR there were cabs on the resort and cabs across the street. Go with the cabs across the street for a much better deal. For 2 miles I would try and get that for between $5 and $10 dollars tops.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Pier 1

This is great...Thank you Vinnie & Marylynn this helps alot!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Pier 1

Oh Marylynn how much does it cost to get in?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Pier 1

The party vibe starts after Midnight.

12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Pier 1

I went to pier one on a sat it was 600 JA 10US. . I like pier one better then jungle

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Pier 1

It used to be free for ladies if you went before 11:00. I have no clue if they still do that. Ask your bartender he will usually know!! Use JA money for sure to get better prices!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Pier 1

When I stayed at Sunset Beach Resort a couple years ago they had a free shuttle to and from Pier One on Friday nights. However, the shuttled returned early, I would suggest staying later as the real party doesn't start until well after midnight.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Pier 1

Most of the resorts have shuttles there. Cover charge was $10US. And agree with getting a cab back. Most of the shuttles return at around 2AM and things are just really getting going then. And use Jamaican $ for drinks.