We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

We arrive Christmas Day and would like to do some shopping at Mega Mart on our way to Negril. Does anyone know if it is open Christmas Day and what time it would be open until?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

I don't know for sure but just about everything is closed on Christmas Day and the next day, Boxing Day. MegaMart caters to the big box customers though so they might be open but for limited hours?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

According to this website, Mega Mart is open on holidays: jamaicayp.com/Jamaica/…profile

You can confirm that, of course, by giving them a call.

Maybe rastagirl can call them and post the results.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

LOL - I love that - on the poster "Open Everyday with exceptions"

I'll check with our driver, he ought to know :)

Edited: 14 November 2013, 22:37
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

Your driver definitely will call - I definitely won't call or Google, lol as I won't be going there on going there on Christmas. It would kind of make sense though with everything else closed that they would be open! Christmas Day and Boxing Day everything is closed though so you should be aware of that. If I need cash I try to withdraw it a few days before because the ATMs tend to run out of money.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

Thanks Rastagirl - I'd read about the ATM's, so we brought enough JA$ back last trip to get us through the first few days.

I've sent MegaMart a message on FB, we'll see if they respond. If not, I'll get our driver to find out. I'll update with what I find out

Thanks all!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

The edit function on this site is worthless, lol - I meant to say your driver would KNOW. Good move on saving JMD from the last triip, I'd forgotten you were arriving Christmas day. Good day to arrive - good day to fly! The last time the kids came and saw me there they came in on Christmas Day - no traffic in or out of the airport - zoom!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

How was immigration??

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

I'm surprised! I went on a jamaican holiday and they were closed. Most places are closed on holidays.

PEACE!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

2nutz - as I recall (I wasn't inside, I was outside picking her up) she was out of the airport pretty quickly. Its usually a light travel day so you shouldn't have a long wait I'd think.

10. Re: Is MegaMart open Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 06:18