We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

We are spending Christmas in Montego Bay this year and I am hoping to do the very first dive with my almost certified daughter. I have been searching high and low for a dive op I can contact to see if they have gear small enough for her (11 years old) or if I need to bring everything.

I keep hearing about Dressel Divers, but there is no direct email to contact them. We are staying at Royal Decamaron……can anyone familiar with the area help since I believe my hotel doesn't have a dive op.

Thank you a million and happy turkey day everyone,

Jacky

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

I dive with Dressel they are located in Rosé Hall at the Iberostar resorts. They should have the gear. managerjamaica@dresseldivers.com

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

Dressel is some distance from where you are staying. Website seems to indicate that there is a fee for picking you up from RDCC.

I also noticed that RDCC's webpages indicated a scuba experience in one of their pools, so perhaps RDCC can recommend a dive operation that is closer than Dressel. Worth asking.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

Our 12 year old will be doing her open water dives for certification with dressel in jan. We were concerned about her dealing with the weight belts and a new bcd....plus fit and all that stuff. Which led to regs.....So, long story short, she has her own equipment and we will be taking it. I am doing my certification also, and we actually got a bcd that will work for her (she is 5'4 mind you) and me....it's so adjustable and will work as she grows/develops into the teen years.

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

That's good she has her own. My BCD has the intergrated weights so you don't need a weight belt. When I travel I just take my regulator with me and use shop equipment. I usually just put the weights in the BCD pockets if I am diving without a wet suit.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

If you are staying at RDMB, talke to Cpt Polly Polly, he has the snorkel boat, he can hook you up with a great DM to go to the reef. We've used him several times while there.

6. Re: Any scuba divers out there familiar with Montego Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16