We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Which one is your favourite? Why?

Thanks,

Best Seller
Club Mobay: Sangster Airport VIP...
553 reviews
from US$30.00*
Jamaica Combo Tour: Dunn's River...
144 reviews
from US$130.00*
Special Offer
Blue Hole, Secret Falls and Dunn's...
15 reviews
from US$102.51*
US$120.60
Zipline, Tubing and ATV Safari...
20 reviews
from US$184.36*
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

REHHAH...we have a number of favourite Sandals, each for different reasons...but our top favourite not only in Jamaica, but of all Sandals everywhere, is Sandals Whitehouse. It's the one which ticks ALL the boxes for our preferences...a great beach, large pools, oceanfront rooms, no other resort guests nearby, great variety of restaurants and terrific staff. It's the one which gets us excited and calls us back year after year...11 stays, each of which are equal to or better than the last!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

That's great to hear! We are booked for the Carlyle but I am thinking very seriously on switching to the Whitehouse. It would mean about an extra $1500 for 13 days, but in the long run, it looks like we may be happier there. Thanks for your input.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

REHHAH...I also answered your other post re the Carlyle. There is really no comparison between the Carlyle and SWH...both so totally different. But if you are going for 13 days, why not try a split between the two resorts? Perhaps 4 nights at SCi and 9 at SWH? We do splits frequently and love them!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Thanks for the suggestion - we just find we like to unpack at the one resort and stay put - now, to make our decision of which place to rest our head lol

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

SWH is fantastic!! We are booked to return for our 2nd stay there in July. It depends on what u r looking for in a resort. We loved the huge main pool, the walkway next to the beach to walk from one end of the resort to the other, the ocean view from the balcony, the no reservation policy at any of the restaurants, the never crowded feeling no matter how booked the property is, and the absolutely phenomenal staff!!!!

The recent reviews of the Carlysle would certainly give me pause. I can tell u that SWH is very relaxing and serene. It was very quiet and we slept very well.

Good luck with your decision. Maybe talk to a sandals certified travel agent as well...they are quite knowledgeable on all the properties and maybe could be of great help with your decision making.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

I also answered your other concerns on the other thread but to answer this question in full:

Sandals Royal Caribbean and here were the key reasons we chose this resort and will return again.

#1. Stay at 1, play at 3 full exchange privileges gives us 3 vacations in one and a ton of choices for activities, dining and entertainment. We can do as much or as little as we like and have full access to all the features and amenities at the other two resorts.

#2. Private offshore island. The only Sandals resort in Jamaica that has one. This island was originally kokomo from the beach boys hit. This feature was an added bonus to our vacation with a clothing optional beach, cabanas for rent, swim up pool bar and whirlpool, A tai restaurant and casual lunch grill that serves the best Jerk chicken at the resort. Plus if you really want to "escape" this is the way to do it. No games, no play makers or activities...just quiet and solitude and completely private.

#3. Unique pools. Some people like big giant pools with tons of socializing and activities. I will take a quiet romantic pool over than any day. Although SRC has a medium sized main pool with activities and bar, there are tons of secluded unique pools such as the Crystal lagoon pool with pink floating petals and peacocks strolling by.

#4. Property layout and atmosphere. I liked that SRC felt more like a tropical paradise than a resort. It has tons of winding walkways, secluded paths and beautiful lush gardens to enjoy. Even though its not a huge resort, we still seemed to find hidden areas up until our very last day to explore. And in terms of atmosphere...based on reviews it seemed to be not as quiet as Sandals Carlyle but not as active and lively as Sandals Mobay. So it seemed like the perfect mix of both and It certainly was. And of course the private beach is a plus in my book as well.

#5. Last but not least The proximity to the airport. I know the planes bother some people but they don't run all day and its hardly a big deal when it means getting to start your vacation so much faster and make it last all the longer. After a total travel time of 12 hours, the last thing we wanted to do was get on a bus and ride for another hour and a half. Which was good since our flight was delayed and I felt like I was robbed an entire day of my vacation anyways. For us the planes were a small price to pay for getting to soak up every possible drop of our vacation time we had paid for.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

R

Sandals Negril has been our long time favorite Sandals Resort and holds a special place in my heart as we have been staying there just about every year since the year they opened in 1986.

We love the beach on Long Bay (perfect for long interesting walks), nice calm clear sea front in Negril perfect for the included extensive water sports program, spectacular sunsets, the friendly helpful staff, the relaxed comfortable atmosphere (synonymous with Negril) compared to other Sandals, the open air restaurants & beach bars and the ease of going off property to enjoy other parts of the beach and cliffs in Negril.

I agree with TP55 as our second favorite Sandals Resort in JA is Sandals Whitehouse which is just lovely. We often do a two week split stay between the two. Each Sandals Resort has it's own personality and we have enjoyed our stays at other Sandals Resorts in Jamaica but we are always drawn back to SN & SWH.

Enjoy your research and your time in Jamaica!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

SRC. We do like Whitehouse as well, but feel Sandals Antigua is better (for us anyhow) for the larger resort. SRC is a gem for all the reasons noted above. Been six times, will be back next year - this year is back to Antigua.

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

REHHAH, I just read your other forum question re Sandals Carlyle. You mentioned that you were looking for someplace small, quaint, and quiet; I think that Sandals Royal Caribbean might be closer to what you're looking for than Sandals Whitehouse. SRC is one of the smaller Sandals properties, with pretty grounds and smaller buildings and pools and is only about 15-20 minutes from the airport. (As Rachael notes, you do get a bit of airplane noise, but it's minor.) Whitehouse, on other hand, is about an hour and a half away. We stopped by Whitehouse on a day trip when we were on our way to Black River, and felt like we were visiting Disneyworld while SRC felt more like home. Not to say that it isn't a beautiful property--just not our own cup of tea. Your mileage may vary!

I'd also add that SRC's staff is very friendly and helpful, but that's probably true at any Sandals!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

I would say Sandals Royal Caribbean, though Sandals Negril is right next to it for our favorites in Jamaica. We like staying at the quieter, smaller resorts. We've been to SRC once and are returning in April. We've been to Sandals Negril twice--LOVE it!! We've also been to Ocho Rios (NOT small, but split in two---will NOT be going back based on last visit) three times. I think as a first timer to Sandals, I'd suggest Sandals Royal Caribbean for the stay at 1, play at 3 option. That way you can get more of a feel what you like at the various Sandals resorts. Plus the small island is a GREAT place to hangout!! We've never stayed at Sandals Whitehouse, just too big for us, though I know it has a huge fanbase.