We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Topic
First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Planning a first time visit for some much needed relaxing on the beach vacation for 4 nights in mid April. Not looking for 5 star but would like 'all inclusive' nice beach with blue water, decent food and clean accommodations. Would be flying in from the Phila area, and would love to keep the trip to right around $1000 if possible. Will be a girlfriend and I, would like to do 1-2 off resort excursions as well as long as safety permits.

Reading reviews and appreciate any advice, tips, etc. Thank you!

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Is the budget $1000 per person? Does that include airfare? When you say you're looking for a good beach, what does that mean to you?

United States
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

"on the beach vacation for 4 nights in mid April."

Almost all of the all inclusive resorts in Jamaica are located on the beach. In Jamaica the exact date you plan to vacation is important if the month is April. At most hotels 'high season' (read high price) ends on April 15. On April 16 'low season' begins and the price of the same room at the same hotel goes down by 30%, 40%, or even 50%. Note however that Easter is late, after April 15, 2014, this year and some hotels may not move to 'low season' rates until after Easter (you need to check hotels individually).

"would like 'all inclusive' nice beach"

Montego Bay is not known for its beaches.

"would love to keep the trip to right around $1000"

Is that with air from Phili or not? Is that per person or for two people?

Lets assume air is not in the $1000 figure and 'high season' and $1000 for two people and 4*: all the hotels I would recommend are above budget

Lets assume air is not in the $1000 figure and 'high season' and $1000 per person and 4*: try looking at the Hilton and Coyaba Beach Resort.

Lets assume air is not in the $1000 figure and 'high season' and $1000 for two people and 4*: try looking at Coyaba Beach Resort.

Lets assume air is not in the $1000 figure and 'low season' and $1000 per person and 4*: try looking at Coyaba Beach Resort, Hilton, Iberostar Suites Rose Hill, and Secrets St. James (but not the While Orchid side of the hotel).

If air is included in the $1000 per person you will need to go 'low season' and look at 3* properties such Sunset Beach, Holiday Inn, Royal Decameron, and the RIU Montego Bay (but not the RIU Palace Jamaica).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Exact dates we plan to travel are April 22-26 which looks low season based on your dates. We were hoping to keep the cost right around $1000 per person.

Nice beach means having some room from my neighbor, not too rocky or filled with jellyfish.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Between Sunset Beach and Holiday Inn....which would you suggest?

United States
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Sunset Beach and the Holiday Inn are, in my mind very comparable but between the two I would pick Sunset Beach. With any booking, I would confirm the rates of any hotel which interests you before booking.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 21:24
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

Have stayed at both and would recommend sunset beach over holiday inn.

7. Re: First time need hotel recommend-4 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:18