We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Montego Bay

Hinckley, Ohio
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Montego Bay

We have stayed at Whitehouse, Dunn River, Negril, we are trying SMB in Jan. We booked the lowest room which is Oleander block, prices are too high on everything else. What is the after 12am noise like in Oleander. We party hard just not for very long. I like quiet. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
12,677 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

"What is the after 12am noise like in Oleander."

The airport is effectively closed from midnight to about 7AM. Noise from the airport is not an issue during this time period. I should also note that there are few arrivals or departures at the airport from 7AM until about 10AM.

Hinckley, Ohio
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Not worried about the planes, more the partiers at either the swim up bar or pub.

Hinckley, Ohio
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Just talked to a gal at Sandals and she said cottage 16 is also part of that goruping anyone every see that cottage? It is located close to the pier.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

@winnie The Oleander rooms are right near the main lobby, which is where the amphitheater is, so it is probably going to be loud. I stayed at SRC and visited SMB before, and that area actually bothered me. It was so loud we couldn't talk to each other, which irritates me. We are going to SMB this year, and I actually booked the Beachfront Grande Luxe to get away from the noise. I normally book the cheapest Sandals room, too, but in this case, I think it's worth the extra money to be in a quieter location. We are normally out late, but I didn't want to be in my room sometime and be stuck hearing the noise.

Hinckley, Ohio
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Agreed, I decided to go with the next level up it came to $300 more but if I can't slleep I won't have a good vacation,it's the seagrapes bld. I usually get comped upgrade buy based on the next 2 months they are completely booked, so I wouldn't want to chance that next year would be any different. We are boaters we party really hard, really fast, and then we fall asleep HAHA

Thanks for your response!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Seagrapes should definitely be far enough away from the noise. We are night owls, and are normally up with the last of them, but we also sleep in, and I didn’t want it to wake us in the morning either. When I’m out, noise is pretty much ok. When I’m sleeping, I only want to hear the tree frogs, lol.

7. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:18