We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a suggestion for Montego Bay based on criteria

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for a suggestion for Montego Bay based on criteria

Hello! I will be traveling to Jamaica in February for 5 nights, and I'm debating on what to do for the last/4th night. We are going for a wedding for nights 1-4 we are staying an extra night. The wedding and nights 1-4 are in Negril at Moondance (all inclusive). We fly out the last day at 12 noon; therefore I'm wondering if the 4th night we should go down to Montego Bay to be closer to the airport. So here are our options:

1. Stay up in Negril at Moondance on the 4th night, and we can either do all inclusive or not (if we don't wondering if there is good food/stuff to do outside of the resort), and then take the shuttle down the next morning.

2. Take the shuttle down to Montego Bay the 4th night, stay somewhere there, then avoid the longer shuttle to the airport day we leave. If we do this, I'm looking for SUGGESTIONS on where to stay in Montego Bay. I'm looking for something 1, On the beach (would be nice since the other part of the stay is on the cliff side) 2. Quiet and relaxing - OK with kids being there but we don't need access to a bunch of activities as we plan to RELAX, 3. Clean and great service 4. Reasonably priced 5. Good food or at least acess to it, and 6.. Accessible to the airport

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!

Thank you!

United States
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a suggestion for Montego Bay based on criteria

"wondering if there is good food/stuff to do outside of the resort"

There are many places to eat and drink in Negril.

"avoid the longer shuttle to the airport day we leave"

Transfer time from Negril to the airport is about 1 hr. 15 min. You need to leave Negril about 4 hr. before your flight time if you pick option #1 (stay night 4 in Negril).

Transfer time from a Montego Bay hotel to the airport is 5 min. to 20 min. depending on the hotel. You also need to arrive at the airport 2 hr. before your flight time if you pick option #2 (night 4 in Montego Bay). This option saves you about 1 hr. 30 min. to 2 hr. in travel time on the final day (this is your extra time in Montego Bay).

You do not say what your flight time back home is. If it is before 1PM I would pick option #1 (night 4 in Negril). If the flight is after 6PM I would pick option #2 (night 4 in Montego Bay). Between a 1PM flight time and one at 6PM one needs to consider the 'cost' of packing and moving between the two hotels.

2. Re: Looking for a suggestion for Montego Bay based on criteria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 07:18