We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta cana or Jamaica?

Chantilly, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Punta cana or Jamaica?

Planing a vacay with 3 of my girlfriends looking for all inclusive resort with nightlife and good food!! Stuck on a location

Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
596 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

You may want to throw some ideas out there as to what you are looking for. I have been to both and like either location for different reasons, though I always lean towards Jamaica when it comes down to it. I prefer the food in Jamaica and especially the warm friendly people.

Level Contributor
690 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

Have been to Punta Cana 5 X and to Jamaica 3 X. We will be going back to Jamaica. For the people, the food , the beaches (although some resorts in Punta Cana have beautiful beach area) and especiallly the entertainment. We love the evening live entertainment with local artists/groups in Jamaica. Couldn't do any more of the nightlife in Punta Cana. We were at 4 and 5 star resorts there and the evenings dragged on! Michael Jackson show (same one every year, at every resort), lip singing dancers etc. In jamaica there is great live music, dancing and the food is much better. My husband was sick every time we went to Punta Cana and never in Jamaica. I was fine at both, but I do take probiotics. We also like that there is no language barrier and the staff where we have been (Secrets in Montego Bay and Couples Swept away in Negril) have all been fabulous and genuine. We also like the local beer in Jamaica as opposed to the local beer of Punta Cana. Hope that helps.

Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

Have you posted this in the PC forum as well? Just for a balanced opinion....

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

Jamaica Mon! Nothing against PC...heck it is gorgeous too. But if nightlife, food, authenticity and endless things to experience are your determining factors it is hands down Jamaica, specifically Negril. My two cents, strongly consider a non all inclusive. You will likely spend about the same after all said and done but will have come away with a much richer experience. For great ideas on places and tremendous booking company www.negrilonestop.com. And super advice on all things Negril check out www.negril.com

Good luck in your search and have fun no matter where you go!

6. Re: Punta cana or Jamaica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:30