We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Hi there -

Was planning on going to Cuba, but the Oasis looks great (for similar price) and I've never been to Jamaica. I have a few questions:

1) What excursions are there?

2) If staying at the Oasis, what is the walk over to the main lobby/buffet?

3) Will they really do private dining? What does this mean - room/beach?

Thanks!!!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Hi Kat80_12,

Thank you for your interest in the Oasis at Sunset.

In answer to your questions, please note:

1) We offer several tours and excursions to popular attractions such as Dunn's River Falls, Chukka Cove, Mystic Mountain, Dolphin Cove, Bob Marley home town and his studio, river rafting to name a few.

2) It is a very easy walk from either side of the property to the other.

3) The Oasis at Sunset guests have thier own exclusive dining at The Terrace restaurant. The Blue Mahoe will be opened soon. Guests also have access to all other restuarants located at Sunset Beach. Private dining with white glove service is also offered and you have a number of locations on property to choose from.

Please note my email address below. I would be happy to send you any additional information you need.

Kind regards,

Natalie Boreland

Compliance Officer

cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

We have judged booked SBRS as a surprise for our niece who is getting married there in August! We upgraded to oceanfront but were never offered the Oasis. I'd be interested in some more information ...

Lake George NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

I have a question for The Oasis vs Sunset. I stayed a few years ago and liked the resort. I just read that the italian restaurant is now closed to the Sunset guests. I really enjoyed that location and the restaurant. Thanks!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Dear lgrover,

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to respond.

Please note that the La Belle Vita Restaurant (serving Italian cuisine) has relocated to where the Byron's Restaurant (serving Caribbean Cuisine) used to be, that is beside the Banana Walk restaurant (Buffet) just as you exit Tower B to enter the Lobby area.

The Byron's Restaurant is now located on the Sundowner terrace, that area behind the swin up pool bars, overlooking the ocean - gorgeous sunset guaranteed.

Natalie Boreland

Compliance Officer

cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

i will be returning to the Oasis on March 7...and i cannot wait to see all the new amenities being offered....i always loved the cabana rooms when it was Sunset Beach....

i wanted to know Natalie...i read that they added more beach bars...exactly where are they located? and is it still self service, or will we have waiters on the beach? is there an adults only pool with a bar?

Lake George NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Thank you Natalie.Would you have a map of the resort. Also do they still have water aerobics and Yoga. Getting ready for another 24 hour snowstorm, Jamaica looking good!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Hi blacklily74,

Very good to know that you will be back soon! I know that you will love the changes that have taken place. In response to your questions however we have not added any new bars. Cocktail service is offered on the Oasis Beach for all Oasis guests and this is provided from the beach hut bar.

The Adults Only pool is located on the left side of the current swim up pool bar.

We are really looking forward to getting your feedback as we know that the critique of our Sunsetters is invaluable. We are indeed excited that many of our returning guests are actually falling in love all over again.

Please be reminded that to expedite your check in process, we ask that you take a minute to check in online, you can go directly to this link - sunsetresortsjamaica.com/guest-registration/…

If you have any special requests or need further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Looking forward to welcoming you HOME!!! See you in a few.

Always at your service,

Natalie Boreland

Compliance Officer

cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

Edited: 13 February 2014, 16:09
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Dear Lgrover,

It is a beautfiul warm day with sunny skies --- a few grey clouds but these will pass in a blink! Sorry to hear about that snowstorm on the horizon.

In answer to your questions, we currently have a daily Reggae Zumba class that is held weekdays only, in the main activity pool at 11am. It is by far one of the most popular activities even for those who want to watch others get fit. We do have Yoga classes occassionally however, I am not able to confirm when this will next be held.

We are currently working on updating our Resort Map and this will be made available on our Website as soon as it is completed. If you have any specific questions however, please feel free to contact me directly at cia@sunsetresortsjm.com and I will be happy to respond.

Here's beaming you some warm sunshine from Jamaica with some hot Blue Mountain Coffee flavoured with a tip of our nice Jamaican rum cream .... all to keep the cold away!

We certainly hope to welcome you to Sunset in the very near future.

Always at your service,

Natalie Boreland

Compliance Officer

cia@sunsetresortsjm.com

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

Natalie,

Your participation on this forum is invaluable to Sunset guests....what a great asset you are!

K

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oasis @ Sunset - couple of questions

@ OBXBum

i agree...Natalie is a GEM!...can't wait to say hello on my next visit

thanks Natalie for answering my questions!