We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bob Marley

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bob Marley

Hi there, in November I am travelling to Jamaica for the first time and staying at the Iberostar Rose resort in Montego Bay,is there an excursion that would take us to Bob Marleys house and is it very far? Also is it worth while seeing? What can I expect from this beautiful island? Thanks for your time,Steve

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bob Marley

9 Mile is about 2hrs from MoBay. If you enjoy Bob Marley it is worth it. We used Reggae Tours as we wanted to be able to make other stops along the way. They have a website & you can check out there pricing on the tour & contact them with any questions you may have.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bob Marley

First off, if you are into Bob Marley, then a trip to Nine Mile would be worth while.

You are going to see all sorts of things on the island. You are going to see beauty and poverty intertwined. You are going to encounter fantastic people.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bob Marley

Probably over 50 miles with the last portion of the "road" being barely qualifying for using the term "road." Drive time is likely to be close to 3 hours each way.

I have not been there and I have read here that those who made the journey enjoyed their visit.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bob Marley

That sounds amazing,thank you for your time

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bob Marley

That sounds amazing,thank you for your time

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bob Marley

Sounds like a great experience,thanks

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bob Marley

Unless the roads have gotten extremely bad in that area, it won't take three hours each way. Three hour total travel time maybe.

saint john nb
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bob Marley

google captain crazy,He is worth the visit himself

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bob Marley

We had the pleasure of meeting Captain Crazy when we went. He alone is worth the prize of admission. Long long drive, windy roads, lots of poverty on display. I am not a Marley fan myself, however others in the group wanted to go so we did. We were staying in Runaway Bay and seems to me it was almost all day tour with a stop for lunch a" truck stop like " venue,

10. Re: Bob Marley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 08:58