We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plugs

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Plugs

Im Heading to Montego Bay Royal Decameron March 15/14.

I Love my Tea at night and Coffee in the morning without leaving my room:)

Im planning on bringing a small Kettle and im sure they do not have the same Plugs as Canada.

I think we will need a converter however there are so many does anyone know the converter i will need for Jamaica?? a picture or drawing would be helpful

Thank you for your time

Mary-Anne

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plugs

I'm assuming Canada has the same plugs as the US, correct? Jamaica is the same as the US.

Are you sure your room doesn't have a coffee pot? I wouldn't have enough room to pack a kettle!

2. Re: Plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 08:58
United States
Level Contributor
11,264 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plugs

"Im planning on bringing a small Kettle and im sure they do not have the same Plugs as Canada."

The plugs are the same in Jamaica as they are at your house.

"I think we will need a converter"

Not true.

Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plugs

They have the same outlets as canada no converter needed.

Keitha

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plugs

It is not permitted to import coffee into Jamaica. So plan on buying some of the great tasting Blue Mountain coffee after arrival. The High Mountain coffee (also from the Blue Mountain area) is cheaper.

Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plugs

We just got back from Jamaica and we uses a hair straightener and iPad there and it was the same plugs as canada

Keitha

7. Re: Plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:27