We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sumfest 2014

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
sumfest 2014

Hi who will be attending sumfest

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: sumfest 2014

Hi tiff where are you staying in mobay? Is this your first time? Im leaving from philly

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: sumfest 2014

Hi, I'm undecided about going with Ebonyexcursions because the hotel they're including in the package is a bit old, run down and is more of a family venue with kids etc.. just wondering if you guys think it might be a good idea to buy earlybird VIP tickets separately and book a better hotel separately?

I've never done a group all-inclusive - have any of you gone with ebony excursions before? Is it a mixed couples/singles group?

Is it worth coming the weekend before for the beach party and a white party? Cos I'd like to see other parts of the island like Negril, Ocho Rios & Blue Mountains & then join MB for the festivities on the Wednesday.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: sumfest 2014

You took the words right out of my mouth..Run Down! Yes it is! only reason why I'm there because my roommate booked it already and she will lose her $200 deposit. I would say yes get your tickets to show and shop around for places to stay... it is all grown folks going with ebony excursions but the resort itself is kid friendly!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: sumfest 2014

I can say ebony . excursions do treat you right she really goes put for her customers be she need to.do.another resort next year..ain't nobody got.time to keep.staying at a rundown place. But all my inclusive is the way to go..that way you don't have to worry about nothing.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: sumfest 2014

Sorry for typos

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: sumfest 2014

If you follow the Sumfest page on Facebook, they are putting out updates to the artist lineup periodically. A couple of days ago, they posted the below lineup to date for the shows.

Dancehall Night - Thursday July 17

Busy Signal

I-Octane

Mr. Vegas

Assassin aka Agent Sasco

Aidonia

Bugle

Alkaline

Spice

QQ

Ryme Minista

International Night 1 - Friday July 18

Wiz Khalifa

Beenie Man

Jah Cure

Chronixx

Nature

International Night 2 - Saturday July 19

Tessanne Chin

Freddie McGregor

Sanchez

Zvuloon Dub System

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: sumfest 2014

Thanks for the info - I think I might go to Ocho Rios and Negril first for a few nights & then meet up with you guys who are doing Ebonyexcursions on Wednesday. Cos I'm told that the beach party and the white party aren't that big of a deal & don't wanna be stuck in Sunset Beach for a whole week. PM me if you'd like to catch up for a side trip to Negril / Ocho Rios.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 00:35
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: sumfest 2014

Did I get your sumfest travels plans sorted out

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: sumfest 2014

Me I went last year. And stayed at holiday inn sunscreen. It was Ok but this year I wanted adult only. So I chose secrets st james because they are a sponsor for Sumfest and will have a big booth I can sit in during concert

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: sumfest 2014

Did u find a roommate?