We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

I have a few questions. We'd like to visit Doctor's Cave Beach but Not on a day where there is a cruise ship. So here are my questions.

1. What days do the cruise ships come in?

2. Is there a least busy day to visit this beach or do you just have to get lucky?

3. How far is Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall?

4. What is the cost to rent snorkel gear?

5. How close is shopping from this beach? Walking distance?

Thank you for taking the time to answer any or all of my questions. It's very much appreciated!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

As far as the cruise ship schedule, you can check here:

http://ports.cruisett.com/

I wouldn't worry as much if the the ships are in falmouth, only Montego Bay.

I think you'll just have to take your chances as to how busy the beach will be on any given day.

Not sure of the exact distance, but it's probably about a twenty minute drive.

I think it's six dollars to enter the beach and six dollars for snorkel equipment.

There is shopping right outside the entrance to Doctors Cave Beach.

United States
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

"3. How far is Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall?"

About 8 1/2 miles one way.

"5. How close is shopping from this beach? Walking distance?"

The beach is located at the southern end of the 'hip strip'. There is lots of shopping to be found if you turn north as you exit from the beach.

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

Thanks for your responses. Wow, $6 for snorkel equipment!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

You may want to contact them to verify they have snorkel equipment.

And do you think $6 for snorkel equipment is high or low? Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

www.doctorscavebathingclub.com/members.htm

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

I think that's so cheap that I don't believe it! We travel to the Caribbean every year and the cheapest we've found snorkel rental was $20, that's why I question it. I will definitely check it out. Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

I was in Jamaica recently and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Doctors Cave Beach were busy with cruise ship tourist from both Montego Bay and Falmouth ports. Wednesday was by far the busiest. Thursday was moderately busy and although no ships were scheduled to be there on Friday one had been delayed and didn't arrive on Thursday, it came Friday instead. It was a small ship so it didn't cause too much over crowding at the beach. I find Monday the least busy day at Doctor's Cave Beach. Hilton Rose Hall is about a 10 minute drive from Doctor's Dave Beach. There is snorkel gear available at the life guard stations, it is $6 US to rent. There are many gift shops within walking distance of Doctor's Cave Beach.

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

Thank you From_the_YYZ! I also did confirm the $6 snorkel rental with them today, what a deal!

That's great info about the cruise ships and the distance from Hilton to Doctors Cave Beach. Do you know if the gift shops near Doctors Cave Beach are reasonable are marked up because they are near the port?

Thanks again to everyone!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

There are numerous souvenir shops along the Hip Strip right out side the Doctor's Cave Beach Resort gates. These are inexpensive shops that have the usual souvenirs, such as shot glasses, towels, mugs, etc.. And, usually you can bargain for better price. There are souvenir shops out by your hotel, but they are pricier. I have actually found that the souvenir shops at the airport have nicer quality products, but they are more expensive.

9. Re: Doctors Cave Beach from Hilton Rose Hall..guidance please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18