We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
957 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

We are considering a trip with our family of 5 this summer.

I am wondering about the beach at Royalton:

1. Is the beach very rocky? Can you swim easily without water shoes?

2. Is the beach manmade?

3. Sand..is the beach easily walkable without shoes? Plenty of sand for castles?

Any thoughts on the noise at the pool bar? We aren't really into lots of pool games etc.. Also, are they still having water pressure issues on the slides and hotel?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
957 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

I would also appreciate any thoughts about the water issues with the waterlides

Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

I just got back gr the rws on Monday. The beach is fine not overly large but good sand no shoes are needed. In regards to the pool bar pool you don't have to use that one there is a larger one that you can use. I'm not sure of the water pressure issues on the slides as we did not use them, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

Keitha

leicestershire
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

Hi Keisha were booked to go to the Royalton early May. What was the mosquito situation were there many about, also any sand flys . We recently went to Eygpt and was advised to take vitamin b1 before and during our trip we only had one bite between us . So will start to take them again a week before we travel. I wondered about take the room plug ins any advice on this and the hotel would be great .

Thanks Karen

Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

We did have some issues with Mosquitos after a late night rain. I never got bit bit one of the people that I went with got quite a bit of bites.

Keitha

Sun Prairie...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

1. Is the beach very rocky? Can you swim easily without water shoes?

BEACH IS NOT ROCKY. YOU DO NOT NEED WATER SHOES.

2. Is the beach manmade?

NO

3. Sand..is the beach easily walkable without shoes? Plenty of sand for castles?

EASILY WALKABLE, AND LOTS OF SAND CASTLES BEING MADE.

Loud by the pool all day.

Not enough shade. Saw parents always searching for a spot to put their kids. Some desperate enough to ask to put their kid next to someone they did not know.

Kids slides are great.

Larger slides do not have enough water to get you down if you are an adult. Also not deep at bottom, so be careful.GENTLEMEN BROKE HIS LEG HITTING BOTTOM.

If you have kids be just a warning there is long waits for ala cartes.

THERE ARE FAR SUPERIOR FAMILY PLACES THAN THIS PLACE.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

HI - we just returned from Royalton Punta Cana and I was curious how the availability of shade is at the Royalton in Montego Bay? We had a hard time finding shade so wonderfing if this resort has the same problem. We loved the resort otherwise.

Also - you mentioned there are family places you would recommend in Jamaica over this one-- which ones would you recommend?

Thanks!

HOndo

7. Re: Royalton White Sands Beach (swimmable?) and sand quality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:15