We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bumping and tipping at the RDMB

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bumping and tipping at the RDMB

Hi all

I will be going to the RDMB in 2 weeks time and staying for 2 weeks, I cant wait. I have been reading the comments on the forum for the past month or so, and notice that people are bumped quite often. Does anyone know if this normally happens to people who stay for only a few nights or am I more likely to be bumped as I will be there longer.

Also, I have read with the interest the thread about tipping etc. Could someone give me an idea of what kinds of things would be appropriate to take as gifts for the locals and how much tipping is appropriate (i.e. in monetary terms).

Thanks for any advice.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bumping and tipping at the RDMB

right on bobsled boy! LOL

Swift Current...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Bumping and tipping at the RDMB

we just got back from RDMB yesterday , we were never asked

to be bumped to another hotel, only one couple we talked to

said that they had been asked if they would like to be moved

to another hotel , they said no they and were not bothered after

that

13. Re: Bumping and tipping at the RDMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 20:20