We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Montego

Iowa City, Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Montego

My husband and I will be traveling to Jamaica with another couple in January. We want to stay at a moderately priced all inclusive hotel. We have heard good things about the Royal Decameron but was wondering if it is adults only? If not do a lot of families frequent this hotel? We would prefer adult only. We have 3 kids that we love dearly however we were wanting a romantic vacation sans children. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Montego

It is a great little resort but it is not AO. There were a few families with children when I was there, July 2012. I don't how much of a difference January would make as to more or less families with children considering it is a peak travel time.

Haslett, Michigan
Level Contributor
196 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Montego

It is not adult only, but there have been very few children when we have been there and the children that have been there were well behaved. We were last there in February. I recently did a fairly comprehensive review on that trip. There are also four separate "beach" areas, so you could get away from children if you had to. Many of the people at the resort were from Europe and Canada, with relatively few from the U.S.

belleville
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Montego

We just returned yesterday from RDMB (our 8th time to this resort). There were some children, not many and yes it is no problem to find a quiet spot on this resort. I don't think the few children that may be there when you are will have any impact on your time.

If you have any questions about this resort, please feel free to ask!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Montego

Agree with the above poster. We also have been to this resort 8 times. Have seen a few kids on a couple of trips. But they are always well behaved. The place isn't overrun with kids running around and screaming (that would be the adults at the swim up bar....) While it's not an AO resort, I wouldn't let the kids there be a worry.

5. Re: Royal Decameron Montego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:16