We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRC Top Shelf Brands

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SRC Top Shelf Brands

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the top shelf brands of vodka, gin and rum they had at SRC? Just some forward thinking to put on our butler preferences.

I take it they do awesome cocktails at the bars too? I've seen some fab photos!

Also, I presume champagne is part of the stable diet there? :)

thanks!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

Yes to Cocktails

Yes to Champagne

Appleton is the rum

Absolute is the Vodka (I think)

Not sure about gin.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

When I was at SWH in November, one of the butler guests I was chatting with mentioned that she had already polished off a bottle of Gray Goose from her room. So if you want a special brand for your room, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

NMAug2014: Have you examined the Sandals web site? Many of the various questions you are asking here on the Forum can be answered through research on sandals.com.

Champagne is NOT part of the '...stable diet there.' They serve sparkling white wine...it's not from the Champagne region of France. So if you have your heart set on actual Champagne...you will be disappointed. Mrs. SRCFan partakes of the sparkling white wine and finds it quite drinkable. The standard bar set up in our Butler room a few months ago had Finlandia vodka, Dewar's scotch, Tanqueray gin, and Appleton Estate rum, in addition to Berringer red and white wine, Red Stripe, assorted soft drinks and juices, water. Other brands are available at the bars too for whiskey, flavored vodkas etc.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

Never was able to find Goose at SGR or SMB - and I did ask as I enjoy a good Goose martini before dinner on vacation. I was not in butler accommodations.

Sandals serves premium but not top shelf IMO and IME. Wine is not bad but nothing special.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 23:05
Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

IMO, the only thing "premium" about Grey Goose is the price. :)

Choices at Butler room at SGR were:

Gin: Bombay or Tanqueray

Vodka: Absolut or Finlandia

Dewers

Appleton

Stone Cellars wine

Refridge was loaded with soda, juice, bottled water and fresh fruit.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 24 April 2014, 00:13
canada
Level Contributor
686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

I agree with you Donna, many people think that something that costs more is probably better. It's funny though, that Grey Goose consistently finishes near or at the bottom in pro vodka ratings. I'm going to stick with the Smirnoff, I like the taste much better & even most of the experts seem to rank it near the top!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

@SRCFan: I have done my research on the Sandals website, but I ask questions on here because I'd rather get the answers I'm looking for from travellers that have been, as opposed to advertising/marketing say so.

Thanks for all your replies everyone :)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

NMAug2014: I'm glad you've visited the web site...often resorts get negative reviews by travelers that are fundamentally caused by a misalignment of the guest's expectations and what they experience...and expectations can be set very nicely by taking the time to do research...through web sites, travel agents, and Forums such as this. For example, one of the most frequent complaints about SRC is 'small beaches'. To those that complain about that I have two words for you, "Google Earth".

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

MOST of the SRC website information is accurate. Now they recently did update the web design and it has a few bugs in it. I think a few pictures are off still.

But the only thing that is not accurate on the SRC webpage as far as I am concerned is the marketing of the private offshore island. They make it seem as if it hosts cocktail parties and other nightly entertainment. You not only see pictures but there is vast descriptions of the fun to be had at this island when the truth is these things do not go on here on a weekly basis. I believe they may have a party over there for special occasions but its not apart of the weekly guest experience and that to me is false advertising plan and simple. In fact since its one of the key reasons we were attracted to SRC, I was highly disappointed to find that nothing goes on there.

On the plus side of nothing going on there it is the one place where you can escape to find no play makers, marching bands, pool games or parties so if you want quiet its the best place to be. However I don't think it would kill them to host at least one cocktail party or after party over there one night a week. Just give me a DJ and a bar tender on the beach and I would be happy as can be. So for that reason I am irritated that the website still to do this day (even with the new website design) advertises this island falsely.

Everything else (other than a few bugs the new web developer needs to work out in pictures) is pretty accurate for what to expect.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SRC Top Shelf Brands

I echo Rachael's sentiments about the SRC Island Sandals web site portrayal. The ironic part for us was we were actually present when all those videos and still photos were taken during the Sandals Marketing department marketing shoot that happened there about two years ago now. Guests were allowed out on the island that night as 'extras' to join what was essentially a classic Sandals beach party on steroids. We did have fun...sort of. But that's off thread topic...so I'll stop now.