We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

I looked at the link that was provided to see how many planes are landing within the same time as we are. It will be a Monday at 1:20Pm there are 7 before us within 30 minutes and 7 after us within 30 minutes. Anyone arrive around this time and tell me how long the customs line was. Still trying to decide if Club Mobay is worth it.

Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

The time it takes depends on many factors such as how large are the planes, how full are the planes, how many immigration agents are on duty, etc. Also, the planes that arrive after yours are of very little importance to you. With that said, you will be hitting peak arrival time and there will probably be a long wait at immigration.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

If I was looking at those numbers I would book the arrival service in a heartbeat. It's a gamble but a price I am willing to pay for peace of mind. Have used it twice --- the first time we avoided what looked like up to a 2 hour wait in immigration and the second time we were the only plane arriving so the wait would have been minimal.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Thanks both for your responses I think since we have spared no money as of yet why not chance it and pay the $100. I am a very impatient person and don't want the vacation to start out bad with me being grumpy lol.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

OK I gave in and just sent them my CC information and we are booked, I feel less stressed already :)

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

At least now you won't have to make a mad dash off of the plane. Don't forget to ask for the rum punch at the arrival lounge --- they keep it in the back and it is really good!!

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Might be a little early to start drinking lol

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Never too early when you are on vacation!!!

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Hello,

Your vacation starts when you leave your house. Start playing some reggae, chill out, don't let anything bum you out, don't sweat the small stuff!

Okay now, you are flying in at a peak time just take it in and enjoy the experience! The remodeled terminal moves visitors a lot quicker then years ago. To make things less stressful, make sure you take a couple of pens to fill out the paper work (Immigrations/customs) while you are on the plane! Don't worry about changing money, you'll have of plenty of time later. Time in Jamaica is a lot different then time back home!

Just about all the resorts have check-in at 3:00PM, remember that rooms have to be vacated (11:00) & cleaned, so you might have to wait awhile once you get to your resort. No problem, mon! The resort will still check you in, they put your baggage in a secured baggage room, so that you can start your vacation!

Words of experience: you may have requested a "early check-in", don't get upset at the person at the counter, if it doesn't happen, they are just doing there job! A big smile is the only way to start a vacation.

Take it nice and easy

Respect,

grac

Ga
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

I have searched, but where do you find the arrivals and how far in advance will they post?

thanks

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hate to beat a dead horse, question about a Monday arrival

Hello,

Just go to the Sangston's airport website. It will show all the arrivals during course of the day.

Take it nice and easy,

grac