We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

Hi everyone.

Me and my wife arriving in Montego Bay on 12 of May it's our first visit to Jamaica we staying at Royal Decameron for 7 day and would like to visit Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day. I have emailed few tour operators about the price however as it's only two of us the cheapest quote I got was 280$ with all entrance fee and transportation, so the questions are:

where is cheaper to book through hotel when we get there ?

do hotel offer group booking or its always private trips in Jamaica?

or just book online with one of the tour providers in advance?

and 280$ for two people is it a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance for your help.

United States
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

"where is cheaper to book through hotel when we get there ?"

In Jamaica hotels almost always add on a 'service fee' to the price of any tour they book. This covers their expenses and makes them a bit of profit. The hotel price thus will be higher in most cases.

"do hotel offer group booking or its always private trips in Jamaica?"

They normally offer both types of tours in Jamaica. The choice is yours.

"just book online with one of the tour providers in advance?"

I would not book in advance of your arrival in Jamaica. Find a tour operator you like, get a phone number in Jamaica, and tell the operator you will call to make final arrangements when you arrive on the island. As both the falls and the blue hole are outside events I would check the weather with care before going (and thus booking). Remember, rainy season is about to begin in Jamaica.

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

Thanks a lot for your help so will wait till we get there.

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

Hi I am going next month and I was wondering what did you decide to do? Did you go to the Blue Hole? And how did you get there? We are staying at the Hilton Rose Hall

4. Re: Dunn's river and Irie Blue Hole in one day from Montego Bay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 07:16