We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets hotel

guernsey
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets hotel

Hi, I have just come back from a fantastic holiday in Mexico staying at secrets Maroma beach. The hotel was perfect. I am now looking at staying in Jamaica next April and wondered if anyone could tell me if the secrets hotel there is just as good. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
312 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets hotel

Hi

We have also stayed at Secrets Maroma, beautiful beach and loved the beach bar with the swings. We have booked Secrets Wild Orchid for next Feb and are hoping it is as good as the Maroma.

Michelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets hotel

We are booked for April, look forward to reading a tripreport!

guernsey
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets hotel

Thank you ladies, if this hotel is anything like Maroma it will be great :))

London, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets hotel

Never been to Maroma,but it sounds as if it is worth a visit.

Diane

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets hotel

All,

I think as long as you lower your expectation with regards to the beach, you will be fine. In fact, secrets Maroma sits on one of the most beautiful beach of any secrets resorts.

Will be at Secrets Wild orchids in august and will let you know

Cheers

Alex

hartford, ct
Level Contributor
40 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets hotel

Spent my honeymoon at Maroma; incredible resort. We'll be going to Secrets St. James this summer for our anniversary and are hoping that it's comparable.

Mentioned in this post
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets hotel

Been to both, Maroma July/August 2013 and St James April 2014.

St James is lovely, couldn't knock the food, weather or general service. The only thing is the entertainment; the day time games didn't always take place and not much persuasion from the staff to take part, but that isn't for everyone anyway. We did go in a large group which resulted in us not attending the evening entertainment as often, however what we saw was brilliant.

Turn down service at Maraoma was amazing, but at St James rather hit and miss.

I hope you have a lovely time for those who go!!

Mentioned in this post
Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets hotel

We visited Secrets Wild Orchid back in Jan 2012. We loved it and are heading back in 2 wks with friends! I've never been to Mexico so can't compare.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
9. Re: Secrets hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16